Skip to main content

Nail Polish Haul #1

Today I have another haul. This time the products are all nail polishes, well except one. I have collected these over time and I still plan on buying more, so there will be another nail polish haul.
From BeautyBay.com I got an OPI Nail Lacquer in Nothin’ Mousie ‘Bout It, it is from the Minnie Mouse collection and I saw it swatched on the internet somewhere and I knew I had to buy it. The downside is that it was kind of expensive for a nail polish, but it’s one of a kind and limited edition. It is a pink and purple glitter shade, with pink confetti hearts mixed in it. I haven’t tried it yet, but I think it will be quite sheer because it’s the type of polish you layer over other colours. It was £11, with free shipping.

I also made an order on BarryM.com, because there were some shades I wanted and my local Superdrug and Boots do not sell them. I got three nail paints, the first in Jewel Britannia, which is a red, silver and blue glitter and confetti shade. It is based on the Union Jack and has been released in time for the Olympics. It is an online exclusive, so you can only buy it from BarryM.com and Boots.com. Like the OPI shade, I think this is designed to be layered, because the confetti is quite chunky, but if you wanted to wear it alone, I would imagine you need quite a few coats. The second shade I got was Green Glitter (298), I have been waiting to get this since I did my first BarryM.com haul, but it was always out of stock. It is just an emerald green glitter shade; I love my red one, so I know I will love this one, however I'm still waiting for the Blue Glitter to be back in stock! The last shade I got was Neon Pink. I got this because I am really into pink nail polishes and I thought neon has to be the brightest and boldest pink you could ever own. It looks lovely, but my nails are quite short at the moment, plus I am really pale, so it might look a bit scary on me, but I will try it out soon. They were £2.99 each and shipping was £2.95 (for orders under £10 only).

I also went to Superdrug and bought three more Barry M Nail Paints. I got their Clear Basecoat, Topcoat & Nail Hardener All in One (54) and I had a list of three new glitter shades I wanted and I could only get two of them. The first one I got was Aqua Glitter (340) and I have tried this and the colour is beautiful, but the formula is very different to the original glitters. The original ones take two coats, but this one needed three to five coats to get an opaque colour, which is disappointing. Lastly the second glitter shade I got was Silver Multi Glitter (338), which I thought would be just silver, but it has different colour glitters in it, but I still bought it, plus the word multi is a bit of a giveaway really. The third shade I wanted is a Superdrug instore exclusive limited edition Barry M Glitter Nail Paint in Magenta Glitter (a bright hot magenta pink glitter = GORGEOUS), but it has been out of stock every time I go into Superdrug, so I am probably destined not to own it! L
Lastly this is not nail related, but my FeelUnique.com order arrived yesterday morning. There was a 13% off everything code on Friday 13th July for the whole website, so I wanted to buy a Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow/Liner in R.S.V.P, but that was out of stock, so I bought the shade Flatter Me instead, which is a toasted mauve pink, with peach and gold shimmer. The price is usually £14, but because I used the code I got it for £12.18 instead, with free shipping.

My next post will be a perfume review, so keep a look at for that! J


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat