Skip to main content

Too Faced Gingerbread Spice Palette

This palette has been released as part of the Too Faced Holiday 2018 Collection, which is limited edition. As soon as I saw the press release photos for this palette, I knew I had to have it.
The packaging is the usual tin material that the Chocolate Bar Palettes are made of. It is warm brown colour and has raised gingerbread men graphics on it. It has the usual metallic opening/closing and it also contains a small mirror. I purchased mine for £39.00 from CultBeauty.co.uk. It is also available on TooFaced.com and in Sephora stores in the USA.
You get eighteen 0.70g eyeshadows in a variety of finishes; Matte (M), Metallic (ME), Satin (S) and Glitter (G).
POWDERED SUGAR - pale beige (M)
SPIKED EGGNOG - bright light gold (ME)
GUMDROP - rich fuchsia pink (S)
GINGERBREAD - medium brown with orange undertone (M)
WARM & TOASTY - molten gold (ME)
OOO BURN! - medium plum purple (ME)
FROSTBITE ME! - pale off-white (G)
LOOKIE AT MY COOKIE - pink coral (M)
SPICE IS NICE - rich warm orange (M)
OH SNAP! - dark coral (G)
BAKE IT ‘TIL YOU MAKE IT - dark rosy bronze (ME)
SPICE OF LIFE - warm golden olive bronze (ME)
SUGAR DADDY - soft pale pink (M)
FIGGY PUDDING - dark berry (M)
HOT TODDY - copper plum (ME)
REINDEER PAWS - deep plum (M)
GINGERBREAD LATTE - medium warm golden brown (M)
SPICED RUM - dark bronze (G)

You also get a How-o Glamour Guide, which is included with the majority of Too Faced palettes. This guide shows you how to complete three looks using the palette; Spice Is Nice, Warm & Toasty and Hottie Toddy.

The eyeshadows can be sheer to highly pigmented (buildable) and should have one-swipe payoff. They should have a creamy texture and be buttery smooth. The eyeshadows are made with 100% natural cocoa powder. This palette is scented and should smell of fresh-baked gingerbread. The palette is also cruelty free. It is not vegan as it contains Carmine.

The packaging for this palette is so cute and I love it. The shade selection is right up my street. They are extremely pigmented, smooth and blend softly. They are buildable and can be used wet or dry. The only shade that swatches shear is ‘Frostbite Me!’. The palette does have a warm spice smell, but I wouldn’t say that it is identifiably gingerbread, it has more of a vanilla scent. My favourite shades are; Gumdrop, Spice Is Nice and Hot Toddy. The shade range can be considered neutral, but there are a few pops of brighter shades. I really enjoy this palette and it is the first Too Faced palette that has caught my eye in a really long time. They tend to put out a lot of ‘new’ palettes around Christmas time, which I personally don’t think are up to their usual quality. It’s like they put them out for the sakes of it because they know people will buy them. I can’t wait to continue using this palette for the winter period and I hope their future releases are just as good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...