Skip to main content

Too Faced Gingerbread Spice Palette

This palette has been released as part of the Too Faced Holiday 2018 Collection, which is limited edition. As soon as I saw the press release photos for this palette, I knew I had to have it.
The packaging is the usual tin material that the Chocolate Bar Palettes are made of. It is warm brown colour and has raised gingerbread men graphics on it. It has the usual metallic opening/closing and it also contains a small mirror. I purchased mine for £39.00 from CultBeauty.co.uk. It is also available on TooFaced.com and in Sephora stores in the USA.
You get eighteen 0.70g eyeshadows in a variety of finishes; Matte (M), Metallic (ME), Satin (S) and Glitter (G).
POWDERED SUGAR - pale beige (M)
SPIKED EGGNOG - bright light gold (ME)
GUMDROP - rich fuchsia pink (S)
GINGERBREAD - medium brown with orange undertone (M)
WARM & TOASTY - molten gold (ME)
OOO BURN! - medium plum purple (ME)
FROSTBITE ME! - pale off-white (G)
LOOKIE AT MY COOKIE - pink coral (M)
SPICE IS NICE - rich warm orange (M)
OH SNAP! - dark coral (G)
BAKE IT ‘TIL YOU MAKE IT - dark rosy bronze (ME)
SPICE OF LIFE - warm golden olive bronze (ME)
SUGAR DADDY - soft pale pink (M)
FIGGY PUDDING - dark berry (M)
HOT TODDY - copper plum (ME)
REINDEER PAWS - deep plum (M)
GINGERBREAD LATTE - medium warm golden brown (M)
SPICED RUM - dark bronze (G)

You also get a How-o Glamour Guide, which is included with the majority of Too Faced palettes. This guide shows you how to complete three looks using the palette; Spice Is Nice, Warm & Toasty and Hottie Toddy.

The eyeshadows can be sheer to highly pigmented (buildable) and should have one-swipe payoff. They should have a creamy texture and be buttery smooth. The eyeshadows are made with 100% natural cocoa powder. This palette is scented and should smell of fresh-baked gingerbread. The palette is also cruelty free. It is not vegan as it contains Carmine.

The packaging for this palette is so cute and I love it. The shade selection is right up my street. They are extremely pigmented, smooth and blend softly. They are buildable and can be used wet or dry. The only shade that swatches shear is ‘Frostbite Me!’. The palette does have a warm spice smell, but I wouldn’t say that it is identifiably gingerbread, it has more of a vanilla scent. My favourite shades are; Gumdrop, Spice Is Nice and Hot Toddy. The shade range can be considered neutral, but there are a few pops of brighter shades. I really enjoy this palette and it is the first Too Faced palette that has caught my eye in a really long time. They tend to put out a lot of ‘new’ palettes around Christmas time, which I personally don’t think are up to their usual quality. It’s like they put them out for the sakes of it because they know people will buy them. I can’t wait to continue using this palette for the winter period and I hope their future releases are just as good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes a lipgloss crayon. I am going to review this product as a whole, even though I only have it in one shade. This looks like a standard eyeliner pencil, but the design is a lot nicer looking. The majority of them have the silver lid, but I have noticed that a couple of the shades have a different colour lid. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Zero is a soft black shade and it is not the darkest black Urban Decay do. This shade is part of the regular line and mine is the 0.8g sample size, the full sized product is 1.2g. Like the majority of pencil eyeliners, you have to sharpen it to dispense more product and the formula is smooth and creamy. This eyeliner is supposed to be creamy, long lasting, waterproof, highly pigmented and velvety soft. It is also said to contain moisturising ingredients, which makes it very safe f

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w