Skip to main content

HUDA BEAUTY Matte & Metal Melted Shadows

I’ve had these liquid eyeshadows for a while now and I only just really felt like trying them out. I went a bit crazy and purchased nearly the whole shade selection, I am only missing four shades!
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The packaging is dual ended and is made of plastic. It has a cubed rectangular shape. One side contains the matte eyeshadow which has a paddle sponge applicator and the other side containing the metallic eyeshadow has a slim brush applicator. You just twist each side off to get to the product.
You get 4ml of liquid product overall in Matte (2ml) and Metallic (2ml) finishes.
 
·         Rich Pigmentation
·         Can be layered
·         Blendable
·         Long Wearing (up to 12 hours)
·         Smudge-Proof
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
French Lace & Diamond Drips - dusty pastel lavender matte & lilac shimmer glitter
Silk Bomber & Bubblegum - fuchsia matte & duo-chrome purple glitter
Faux Fur & Bamboo Hoops - peachy matte & oyster gold glitter
Private Jet & Shimmery Sunset - blush pink matte & shimmering amber glitter
Bubble Bath & Pink Champagne - dusty pink matte & silvery pink glitter
Hot Sauce & Cherry Soda - saffron red matte & silvery red glitter
Minted & Dinero - bright mint matte & silvery mint glitter
Wednesday & Fro-Yo - popping pink matte & silvery pink glitter
Room Service & Do Not Disturb - rich terracotta brown matte & rose gold glitter
Limelight & Gold Chains - bold lime-tinged yellow matte & golden shimmer
Double Pump Latte & Drop Top - tan matte & glossy bronze shimmer
MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I like the sleek packaging and the shade selection is beautiful. The pigmentation and coverage is great, but a couple of the metallic shades don’t really have a base pigment to them, which means they don’t stand out as much. The texture of the matte shades is almost like concealer until they dry down and the metallic shades have the regular liquid eyeshadow texture, just a bit wet. The matte shades dry down smooth, but the metallic shades can look a bit peely and congealed. The mattes blend pretty easy; you can still go back and blend a bit more if you need to even though it may have already dried down. You can blend them with powder eyeshadows, but it can look a bit patchy depending on what shades you are using. I found the neutral shades looked less obvious. You do get a molten metal look with the metallic shades and they do dry quickly. My favourite shades are; French Lace & Diamond Drips, Do Not Disturb, Double Pump Latte and Fro-Yo.
 
The four shades I am missing are; Cinnamon Toast & Hella Honey, Ca$hmere Robe & Penthouse Suite, Request Line & Slow Jams and V-I-Pink & Million Dollar Deals.
 
You can purchase the HUDA BEAUTY Matte & Metal Melted Shadows for £22.00 each from HudaBeauty.com.
 
| I purchased these eyeshadows for £22.00 each from FeelUnique.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥