Skip to main content

HUDA BEAUTY Matte & Metal Melted Shadows

I’ve had these liquid eyeshadows for a while now and I only just really felt like trying them out. I went a bit crazy and purchased nearly the whole shade selection, I am only missing four shades!
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The packaging is dual ended and is made of plastic. It has a cubed rectangular shape. One side contains the matte eyeshadow which has a paddle sponge applicator and the other side containing the metallic eyeshadow has a slim brush applicator. You just twist each side off to get to the product.
You get 4ml of liquid product overall in Matte (2ml) and Metallic (2ml) finishes.
 
·         Rich Pigmentation
·         Can be layered
·         Blendable
·         Long Wearing (up to 12 hours)
·         Smudge-Proof
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
French Lace & Diamond Drips - dusty pastel lavender matte & lilac shimmer glitter
Silk Bomber & Bubblegum - fuchsia matte & duo-chrome purple glitter
Faux Fur & Bamboo Hoops - peachy matte & oyster gold glitter
Private Jet & Shimmery Sunset - blush pink matte & shimmering amber glitter
Bubble Bath & Pink Champagne - dusty pink matte & silvery pink glitter
Hot Sauce & Cherry Soda - saffron red matte & silvery red glitter
Minted & Dinero - bright mint matte & silvery mint glitter
Wednesday & Fro-Yo - popping pink matte & silvery pink glitter
Room Service & Do Not Disturb - rich terracotta brown matte & rose gold glitter
Limelight & Gold Chains - bold lime-tinged yellow matte & golden shimmer
Double Pump Latte & Drop Top - tan matte & glossy bronze shimmer
MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I like the sleek packaging and the shade selection is beautiful. The pigmentation and coverage is great, but a couple of the metallic shades don’t really have a base pigment to them, which means they don’t stand out as much. The texture of the matte shades is almost like concealer until they dry down and the metallic shades have the regular liquid eyeshadow texture, just a bit wet. The matte shades dry down smooth, but the metallic shades can look a bit peely and congealed. The mattes blend pretty easy; you can still go back and blend a bit more if you need to even though it may have already dried down. You can blend them with powder eyeshadows, but it can look a bit patchy depending on what shades you are using. I found the neutral shades looked less obvious. You do get a molten metal look with the metallic shades and they do dry quickly. My favourite shades are; French Lace & Diamond Drips, Do Not Disturb, Double Pump Latte and Fro-Yo.
 
The four shades I am missing are; Cinnamon Toast & Hella Honey, Ca$hmere Robe & Penthouse Suite, Request Line & Slow Jams and V-I-Pink & Million Dollar Deals.
 
You can purchase the HUDA BEAUTY Matte & Metal Melted Shadows for £22.00 each from HudaBeauty.com.
 
| I purchased these eyeshadows for £22.00 each from FeelUnique.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes a lipgloss crayon. I am going to review this product as a whole, even though I only have it in one shade. This looks like a standard eyeliner pencil, but the design is a lot nicer looking. The majority of them have the silver lid, but I have noticed that a couple of the shades have a different colour lid. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Zero is a soft black shade and it is not the darkest black Urban Decay do. This shade is part of the regular line and mine is the 0.8g sample size, the full sized product is 1.2g. Like the majority of pencil eyeliners, you have to sharpen it to dispense more product and the formula is smooth and creamy. This eyeliner is supposed to be creamy, long lasting, waterproof, highly pigmented and velvety soft. It is also said to contain moisturising ingredients, which makes it very safe f