Skip to main content

Review: Travalo Classic

I was sorting through some old pictures in my blog folder on my computer and I came across some Travalo pictures I took, and remembered I was mean’t to do a post about it. So better late than never, I am going to share with you how to use it and what I think.

About the Travalo
The Travalo is a small and handy perfume atomiser that allows you to decant a small amount of your favourite perfume into the tube and carry it with you, so you don’t have to carry around the bottle.
It is made of strong, light aluminium and is 80mm in size and holds 4ml of liquid, which is approximately fifty sprays. It is also a “perfectly” rounded shape, which means there are no corners, so you don’t have to worry about it ripping your handbag, purse and pockets or scratching any furniture and surfaces.

How to Use It
If you want to decant some perfume to put in the Travalo you need to:
1. Take the spray cap off the perfume bottle
2. Get your Travalo and hold it upright over the spray shoot and hold it down and pump it
You will be able to see by the window on the Travalo when it is full, also the perfume will squirt out if you pump it too much, which is also another way of telling when it is full.

When you have used up the perfume in your Travalo, you will need to clean it before using a different perfume.

To clean the Travalo you need to:
1. Get an empty spray bottle and fill it up with water
2. Take the lid and spray cap off the bottle
3. Hold the Travalo upright over the bottle’s spray shoot and hold it down and pump it, until the Travalo is full
4. Spray the water out of the Travalo a little and then shake it a few times and then keep spraying until the Travalo is empty again

You may need to repeat those steps a few times, until when you spray out the water, it doesn’t smell of your perfume.
You can also use perfume samples in your Travalo by emptying them into a clean plastic bottle (like above) and pumping it like you would the water into the Travalo.

My Thoughts
It is very easy to use and very convenient because it is a lot smaller than a perfume bottle. It also comes in a variety of colours and since I bought mine, they now do bigger sizes and you can get a case for them to go in. The only problem I have is perfumes can be very concentrated (strong), which means it can be hard to remove the scent from the Travalo to replace it with a new one. Everytime I tried to clean one of mine Travalo’s, the water still smelled of strong perfume.

I currently only have this black one now, but I used to have a pink and a silver one too. I hardly ever use them, so I gave two of them to my sister. If you saw My Perfume Collection post, you will know I am currently using the black one for some Marc Jacobs Daisy samples.

Price - £9.99     Rating - 4.5/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Travalo.com/store

I hope you found the mini ‘tutorial’ helpful. Let me know your thoughts below


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

Zoella Beauty!

Zoe Sugg a.k.a Zoella has now launched her brand new beauty/girly collection! When I first heard she was going to launch products, I instantly thought it would be make-up, I was wrong. The products do reflect her personality and maybe in time she may release make-up too. Here is a list of the whole collection so far:- Blissful Mistful Fragrance Body Mist (45ml) - £8.00 Fizz Bar Bath Bomb (200g) - £5.00 Creamy Madly Dreamy Body Lotion (160ml) - £5.00 Soak Opera Bath/Shower Cream (490ml) - £5.00 Let’s Glow Candle - £5.00 Guinea Pig Beauty Bag - £8.00 Zoella Eyes Beauty Bag - £8.00 The products look and sound very interesting and the design is beautiful and so Zoe! I would have loved to have bought everything, but I only bought the items I knew I would use. I picked up two products overall and they are the perfume and a make-up bag. Blissful Mistful The bottle for this is stunning! It is cubed shaped and is made of transparent glass. On the back of