Skip to main content

Urban Decay X Oz The Great and Powerful 'Theodora' Palette

“because we all have a good side and a bad side”
As you can tell from the title of this post, I am going to review the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette from Urban Decay, which is Limited Edition.
I decided to choose the Theodora palette, which is the bad witch. I chose this one because when I first saw the palettes I thought it was just the tin you got and I really liked the Theodora tin because it is more Wizard of Oz looking than the Glinda palette. I was looking for just the tin for when I buy more Urban Decay eyeshadows and BeautyBay only had one design. I was so excited to see the picture of the Oz tins, so naturally I wanted one! As it turned out they were full palettes that included eyeshadow, eyeliner and a lip gloss stick. Luckily the palette I wanted was the neutral of the two because although the Glinda palette is very pretty, I would have hardly used it.
The Theodora palette is made of black plastic and has a really beautiful design on the front, which has really bright pretty colours, and is why I thought of Wizard of Oz the second I saw it online. On the back of the palette the design is similar to the front but it doesn’t have the big logos. When you open the palette there is a mirror on the inside of the lid and the main base of the palette has six eyeshadow slots, which are all removable, so you can fill the palette with eyeshadows you already have if you want to. There is also a slot in the middle for your eyeliner. The size of the palette is quite small and compact and will easily fit in your handbag. You also get a ‘Get the Look’ card, which has Mila Kunis a.k.a Theodora on one side and step-by-step instructions on how to create Theodora’s make-up look on the other side.
The eyeshadows are of course the amazing quality Urban Decay is renowned for. Although there are six eyeshadow slots, you are actually getting eight different shades because they are all full sized pans, but two of the pans have a mixture of two shades. The eyeshadows you get are Broken, Beware, Bewitch, West, Spell and Jealous. Click here to see descriptions and swatches of the shades. All of the shades are very pigmented and easy to blend and you can easily achieve natural, smoky and over-the-top looks.
The eight shades are:-
Broken - pale cream/beige (satin)
Beware - medium caramel brown (matte)
Bewitch - dark charcoal brown (satin)
West - deep brown (metallic)
Spell - deep black with shimmer (satin) / yellow gold with tonal glitter (metallic)
Jealous - dark green (pearl) / pale green (pearl)

The 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil you get is sample sized and is in the shade Zero, which is a soft black shade. Click here to read my review of this eyeliner.

The Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color you get is full size and is called Theodora, which is a bright creamy glossy cherry red shade. This is actually part of the permanent make-up line, but called F-Bomb. Click here to read my review of this gloss stick.
Overall I really recommend this palette because it is a great small collection to have and the palette is re-usable. It also has a great novelty factor, which is what initially won me over. Sadly, I will not be able to re-purchase any of the eyeshadow shades because they were all Limited Edition, but I’m sure Urban Decay does other similar shades. On the upside, I’ll always have the palette!

Price - £35        Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - No
Available at - Debenhams, Sephora
Sub-Header Quote Source - UrbanDecay.com 

Thank you for reading. Keep checking back for more reviews ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes a lipgloss crayon. I am going to review this product as a whole, even though I only have it in one shade. This looks like a standard eyeliner pencil, but the design is a lot nicer looking. The majority of them have the silver lid, but I have noticed that a couple of the shades have a different colour lid. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Zero is a soft black shade and it is not the darkest black Urban Decay do. This shade is part of the regular line and mine is the 0.8g sample size, the full sized product is 1.2g. Like the majority of pencil eyeliners, you have to sharpen it to dispense more product and the formula is smooth and creamy. This eyeliner is supposed to be creamy, long lasting, waterproof, highly pigmented and velvety soft. It is also said to contain moisturising ingredients, which makes it very safe f