Skip to main content

BECCA X Barbie Ferreira Prismatica Light Essentials Kit

I bought this set because the highlighters are mini and the packaging is purple. I have previously tried Champagne Pop (limited edition bronze glitter packaging) and I decluttered it last year. I remember not really getting the hype around it. I wanted to try the formula again in different shades and what is more perfect than minis for trying something out?
The whole BECCA Prismatica Collection is in collaboration with Barbie Ferreira, who I believe is an American Actress/Model. I had never heard of her before and only looked her up for the purpose of this post. There was a Face Palette, Essentials Kit and Cheek Lip Duo Set. I believe the collection has now sold out, but the highlighters are still available as singles in the regular BECCA packaging.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The packaging is sleek, round and compact. The colour of the packaging for this collection is described as prismatic lilac. There is also a mini mirror inside the compact. This set originally retailed for £30.00 and it has recently sold out after going on a half-price sale.
 
You get three 2.4g Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed Highlighters.
 
·         Award-Winning Highlighter
·         Ultra-Creamy Formula
·         Melts into Skin
·         Natural Luminous Glow
·         Blends Seamlessly
·         Buildable
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
C Pop* - soft gold with peachy-pink pearl
Rose Quartz - neutral pale pink with soft gold pearl
Vanilla Quartz - creamy light gold with pink pearl
 
*PREVIOUSLY CALLED CHAMPAGNE POP, COLLABORATION WITH JACLYN HILL.
 
MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I love the cute mini packaging and it is purple (my favourite colour). I’ve previously tried C Pop and I remember it being slightly lighter or so I thought. It actually looks quite bronzy on my skin tone. It doesn’t need much building up, one dusting and it is there. Rose Quartz and Vanilla Quartz are very subtle, but they can be built up. The most subtle and natural out of the three is Rose Quartz. C Pop is very smooth in the pan and it swatches very well. It only took one dip with my brush to apply and it was a little too much for me. Rose Quartz and Vanilla Quartz were not as smooth in the pan; they are a little rough and dry in texture so they did take some building up. I’m not sure if the formulas are slightly different with them being minis, which is usually the case. Formula wise, C Pop performed the best. My favourite of the three is Rose Quartz. I remember why I originally decluttered C Pop. It is beautiful, but it is a little harsh for my skin tone and I wear other gold highlighters that look better. I bought C Pop years after the initial hype and I was left disappointed by it. Since that highlighter was first released, more brands have released highlighters that are much better quality (OFRA is my current favourite for highlighters). I’m glad I got the set as the minis are so cute and the formula is fine. I will use them up. I wouldn’t re-purchase them even if I could.
I also have a mini of the shade Lilac Geode, which is from the same Barbie collection, but it is from the Prismatica Light & Lip Duo Set. I wanted it because it is mini, the packaging is purple and then I would have all four. It is a cool pink with a golden pearl finish. It has the same smooth texture as C Pop, which is great and the colour is stunning. It looks more gold on me; I can’t really see the pink tone. It is actually what I would expect C Pop to look like! It is actually my favourite out of the four minis I have altogether.
 
I know the BECCA brand is closing towards the end of this year and I do love the prismatic lilac vibe, but does anyone else find it irritating when brands re-package their permanent products for collaborations and call them limited edition? This is basically what this set is. All of the highlighters were already available for purchase; they have just been shrunk, put in prismatic lilac packaging and re-sold as limited edition with a celebrity face for advertising! MAC is also another brand that does this a lot.
 
You can purchase the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed Highlighters for £30.00 each from BeccaCosmetics.com.
 
| I purchased this set for £18.10 from Depop.com |
 
| NOTICE: BECCA will be permanently closing their brand at the end of September 2021. Their products will no longer be available, so grab them while you can! |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

My Current Top 5 Beauty Influencers

The sort of purpose of the ‘Becca’s Babble’s’ posts are a way to get to know me a little, with me rambling on about topics that are not necessarily beauty or lifestyle related. I thought I would share my current top five favourite YouTube channels with you today and they all happen to be Beauty Influencers. I’m not actually sure how long I have been subscribed to any of the channels and I don’t know of a way to find out. In no particular order: Photo: © Property of Porcelain/Bridgette Porcelain Name: Bridgette   Age: 25   Based: United States of America (USA) Bridgette is the most consistent uploader and uploads the most per week out of all the Influencers I am subscribed to on YouTube. She does a lot of varied content and I really enjoy her videos (declutters, reviews). I feel like she is the only one whose videos I watch all of regardless of the content. Sometimes I skip others videos if they are not about something that interests me, but I feel like I have...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...