Skip to main content

BECCA X Barbie Ferreira Prismatica Light Essentials Kit

I bought this set because the highlighters are mini and the packaging is purple. I have previously tried Champagne Pop (limited edition bronze glitter packaging) and I decluttered it last year. I remember not really getting the hype around it. I wanted to try the formula again in different shades and what is more perfect than minis for trying something out?
The whole BECCA Prismatica Collection is in collaboration with Barbie Ferreira, who I believe is an American Actress/Model. I had never heard of her before and only looked her up for the purpose of this post. There was a Face Palette, Essentials Kit and Cheek Lip Duo Set. I believe the collection has now sold out, but the highlighters are still available as singles in the regular BECCA packaging.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The packaging is sleek, round and compact. The colour of the packaging for this collection is described as prismatic lilac. There is also a mini mirror inside the compact. This set originally retailed for £30.00 and it has recently sold out after going on a half-price sale.
 
You get three 2.4g Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed Highlighters.
 
·         Award-Winning Highlighter
·         Ultra-Creamy Formula
·         Melts into Skin
·         Natural Luminous Glow
·         Blends Seamlessly
·         Buildable
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
C Pop* - soft gold with peachy-pink pearl
Rose Quartz - neutral pale pink with soft gold pearl
Vanilla Quartz - creamy light gold with pink pearl
 
*PREVIOUSLY CALLED CHAMPAGNE POP, COLLABORATION WITH JACLYN HILL.
 
MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I love the cute mini packaging and it is purple (my favourite colour). I’ve previously tried C Pop and I remember it being slightly lighter or so I thought. It actually looks quite bronzy on my skin tone. It doesn’t need much building up, one dusting and it is there. Rose Quartz and Vanilla Quartz are very subtle, but they can be built up. The most subtle and natural out of the three is Rose Quartz. C Pop is very smooth in the pan and it swatches very well. It only took one dip with my brush to apply and it was a little too much for me. Rose Quartz and Vanilla Quartz were not as smooth in the pan; they are a little rough and dry in texture so they did take some building up. I’m not sure if the formulas are slightly different with them being minis, which is usually the case. Formula wise, C Pop performed the best. My favourite of the three is Rose Quartz. I remember why I originally decluttered C Pop. It is beautiful, but it is a little harsh for my skin tone and I wear other gold highlighters that look better. I bought C Pop years after the initial hype and I was left disappointed by it. Since that highlighter was first released, more brands have released highlighters that are much better quality (OFRA is my current favourite for highlighters). I’m glad I got the set as the minis are so cute and the formula is fine. I will use them up. I wouldn’t re-purchase them even if I could.
I also have a mini of the shade Lilac Geode, which is from the same Barbie collection, but it is from the Prismatica Light & Lip Duo Set. I wanted it because it is mini, the packaging is purple and then I would have all four. It is a cool pink with a golden pearl finish. It has the same smooth texture as C Pop, which is great and the colour is stunning. It looks more gold on me; I can’t really see the pink tone. It is actually what I would expect C Pop to look like! It is actually my favourite out of the four minis I have altogether.
 
I know the BECCA brand is closing towards the end of this year and I do love the prismatic lilac vibe, but does anyone else find it irritating when brands re-package their permanent products for collaborations and call them limited edition? This is basically what this set is. All of the highlighters were already available for purchase; they have just been shrunk, put in prismatic lilac packaging and re-sold as limited edition with a celebrity face for advertising! MAC is also another brand that does this a lot.
 
You can purchase the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed Highlighters for £30.00 each from BeccaCosmetics.com.
 
| I purchased this set for £18.10 from Depop.com |
 
| NOTICE: BECCA will be permanently closing their brand at the end of September 2021. Their products will no longer be available, so grab them while you can! |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes a lipgloss crayon. I am going to review this product as a whole, even though I only have it in one shade. This looks like a standard eyeliner pencil, but the design is a lot nicer looking. The majority of them have the silver lid, but I have noticed that a couple of the shades have a different colour lid. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Zero is a soft black shade and it is not the darkest black Urban Decay do. This shade is part of the regular line and mine is the 0.8g sample size, the full sized product is 1.2g. Like the majority of pencil eyeliners, you have to sharpen it to dispense more product and the formula is smooth and creamy. This eyeliner is supposed to be creamy, long lasting, waterproof, highly pigmented and velvety soft. It is also said to contain moisturising ingredients, which makes it very safe f