Skip to main content

Beauty Bakerie Lip Whips & Remover

I had wanted to try these lipsticks for a very long time, but I was sceptical as I had heard mixed reviews. Some people love them, some people dislike them. I had also heard that they are very hard to remove, which leads me to believe that the staying power must be there. My current favourite liquid lipsticks are still the JSC Velour ones and nothing else I have tried has topped them yet, a couple of brands have come close though!
ABOUT THE PRODUCTS
The packaging of the lipsticks is simple, but aesthetically pleasing; I like the blue accent caps. It is made out of plastic and there is something inside the tube to make the formula looked twisted in the tube, which is a nice detail that I haven’t seen before. The applicator is a little pear shaped sponge with a little well in the middle to hold the product.

The packaging of the remover is also pretty simple and cute. The container is made of lightweight plastic and you could easily repurpose it once you have used up the wipes.
You get 3.5ml of liquid lipstick in Crème (C), Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes. You get 50 oil based remover wipes.
LIP WHIPS
·         Long lasting
·         Smudge proof
·         Waterproof
·         Three or less layers recommended
·         Vegan
·         Cruelty-Free
LIP WHIP REMOVER
·         Contains a mixture of oils
·         Hydrating
·         Removes waterproof cosmetics
·         Vegan
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Gingersnap - burnt orange (M)
Syruptitious - mauve rose (M)
 
MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The packaging of the lipsticks is cute and the applicator is easy to use and apply product to your lips. The shades I chose are beautiful and are exactly my type of shades. The formula is creamy and it does dry down pretty quick, generally one coat looks great but you may need two depending on the shade and how opaque you want it. They are long wearing, but they definitely do fade when you eat and drink. They mostly fade from the bottom lip, the top lip stays looking perfect. I found them relatively easy to remove with just a warm damp cloth, although it was much easier with the wipes. I did enjoy these lipsticks, but I don’t think I will purchase any more of them as I still think the JSC ones are better.
 
I like the packaging for the lip whip remover, but the product on a whole isn’t really revolutionary. It is just a bunch of oils mixed together and left to soak up on little round wipes. Your fingers will feel oily/greasy after using them. They do work really well and are very fast working, but I feel like any oil based make-up remover could do the same job, if not better. I wouldn’t buy them again, but they do work. I didn’t really have that much of an issue removing the lip whips without these wipes; a warm damp cloth is good enough for me! I would however recommend them for lip swatches as they do remove every trace of product and your face doesn’t look red afterwards, but for what I would use them for I am better off with my warm damp cloth as I remove liquid lipstick at the end of the day when it has already worn off a bit, so it doesn’t take much effort to remove anyway.
 
You can purchase the Beauty Bakerie Matte Lip Whips for £19.00 from BeautyBakerie.com.
 
You can purchase the Beauty Bakerie Lip Whip Remover for £13.00 from BeautyBakerie.com.
 
| I purchased the liquid lipsticks for £15.20 each from LookFantastic.com |
 
| I purchased the remover for £10.40 from LookFantastic.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...