Skip to main content

e.l.f Mineral Eyeliner in Midnight

I decided to buy this on a whim because the half-price sale was on. I decided to choose a colour instead of plain black for a change, plus it was out of stock anyway. I was also interested in the fact that it doesn’t need sharpening.
The packaging is a small black plastic stick and the design is pretty simple and to the point. To dispense the product you need to remove the cap, which clicks back into place and twist the end of the pencil to reveal the product hidden inside. The formula is 100% mineral based, which means it is free from parabens, preservatives and chemical dyes. You get 0.21g of product and the shade I have is Midnight, which is a soft, dark navy blue that almost looks black.
This eyeliner is supposed to give you a natural, soft and brilliant defined line and provide good coverage. It is also mean’t to be gentle for sensitive eyes and be easy for instant use because it doesn’t need sharpening.

This is not a bad eyeliner, but I have tried better. It does give your eyes natural, soft and smooth definition and it is gentle to apply. I think it lacks pigmentation because it doesn’t give you a block colour line. It looks like you need to go over the line a few more times. The coverage is good enough if you are going for a smoky or smudgy look, but not if you want bold definition. The wear time is average and it doesn’t smudge or transfer, unless you apply it to your lower lashes or waterline. The waterline wear time is way below average, but that could just be because it is mineral. When you first apply it to your waterline, it does make your eyes pop! Also the colour is not distinctive enough when you are wearing it because it just looks like a washy black. The best thing about this eyeliner is the fact that it is retractable and the eyeliner is quite thin, which means you are able to get a thin and even line.

Overall it is a good product if you want a soft or smoky look, but if you are after proper definition this will not be the best thing to use. I probably won’t re-purchase and the downside for most eyeliners for me is the lack of shade options. This eyeliner currently only comes in your standard smoky colours.

Price - £3         Rating - 3/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - No
Available at - eyeslipsface.co.uk, eyeslipsface.com

Have you tried this eyeliner?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...