Skip to main content

Serial Sampler #1

Today I thought I would share with you a couple of perfume samples I bought from eBay recently. I had heard of them before and I was just curious because the bottles look quite nice and they remind me of Alice in Wonderland.

They are both by Vivienne Westwood and are called Cheeky Alice and Naughty Alice.
The Cheeky Alice sample I have is a 1.2ml eau de toilette. The sample packaging is a sort of salmon peach colour with gold detailing.

“A cheeky and audacious twist of fresh peony and juicy plum, playing on top of a velvety floral heart”

It smells quite classic and it is suitable for all ages and tastes. It is slightly mature smelling, but it is still nice. The floral notes stand out the most.
The Naughty Alice sample I have is a 1.2ml eau de parfum. The sample packaging is a mint aqua blue sort of colour with gold detailing.

“A violet dash of provocation wrapped in a velvety rose veil of cheeky sophistication”

It smells quite woodsy and leafy. I would say it is more targeted towards a mature taste. It smells slightly crispy and herbally too.

Overall I prefer Cheeky Alice because it is more delicate and closer to my tastes. Naughty Alice is not what I expected at all. It is quite the assault on the senses! It just smells quite earthy and strange. Although I like Cheeky Alice, I am not sure if I would buy a full size bottle of it. I will definitely steer clear of Naughty Alice.

What do you think of these perfumes?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥