Skip to main content

LOOKFANTASTIC BEAUTY BOX #1 - September 2014

I was shopping on LookFantastic and I came across a page for their own beauty box, advertised for £15. Shipping would be free and the value of the box would exceed £50! There was a limited amount available and it let me pre-order the September box. I was expecting some make-up items, because from experience £50 doesn’t spread very far if you have an expensive taste in cosmetics and thought the box would have less expensive brands included.
The box itself is a lot like a Glossybox, but bigger and it feels more luxury. When you open it up it has the tissue paper and sticker fastening and when explored, reveals the selection of products. You also get product info cards, which tell you a bit about each product. I thought the box would be more exciting, but for an all beauty junkie, it would be a dream box. Here it what you get inside the LookFantastic Beauty Box for September 2014:-
ST TROPEZ SELF TAN Bronzing Mousse (50ml)
| £30.64 (240ml) - St-Tropez.com |
I can tell you straight away that this is a product I will not be using! I don’t use fake tan and I don’t see the need, I am pale and proud. My Sister on the other hand will love this.

thisworks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (5ml)
| £16 (75ml) - thisworks.com |
I am excited to try this as I currently use the Planet Spa one and I find that they really help. This one does smell slightly different though.

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum (15ml)
| £45 (30ml) - Jurlique.co.uk |
I am always interested in trying new serums and this one smells lovely.

CAUDALÍE Divine Oil (15ml)
| £17.50 (50ml) - UK.Caudalie.com |
I’m sure I’ve had a sample of this before from another beauty box, but I can’t remember for definite. I think I will give this a go this time, as I don’t like the idea of oils for your face, but this product can be used for all over your body and in your bath.

KÉRASTASE Bain Satin 1 (80ml)
| £17 (250ml) - Kerastase-USA.com |
&
KÉRASTASE Lait Vital (75ml)
| £20 (200ml) - Kerastase-USA.com |
I am not interested in these at all! I don’t like trying hair care products and I prefer using 2-in-1 products for shampoo and conditioners. The shampoo slightly interests me, but not enough for me to give it a try.
This is a good box and I am glad that I have tried it. A box like this is mostly wasted on me because the brand/product range is brilliant, but I am a make-up girl and this is what this month’s box lacked! I will not buy October’s box, but I would recommend this service to anyone who loves skincare and hair care products. Knowing my luck October’s box will contain make-up!

What are your thoughts on this box?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...