Skip to main content

My 3 Brow Gels

I have wanted to do this post for a while now, even though my brow gel experience is quite limited. I have managed to try a total of three up to now, and I don’t really plan on trying new ones. All three can be found in stores in the UK and are inexpensive.
2true Instant Colour Mascara
I first bought this back when I was trying a lot of different products and in Superdrug the brand 2true always had a 3 items for £5 offer, so I used to purchase quite a few items. I was looking for something to set my brows with so I thought trying a cheap clear mascara first, would be the best place to start.

The packaging is a clear plastic mascara tube with a silver band design around the neck and a black lid, which is also the handle of the applicator which you have to twist to take out. The applicator is a mascara type brush with a short and thin shape and small packed bristles. The formula is slightly wet and not sticky and it has a slight scent. You get 7ml of product in each tube and the shade I have is Clear/Shade 1 (for obvious reasons).

This product doesn’t have a lot of claims because it is actually a basic mascara, but as a brow gel it should be long lasting and conditioning.

I have had this one for quite a while and it is my second tube, it lasts a really long time! The gel is long lasting and really helps for defining and shaping your brows and keeping them conditioned so that the effects last all day. The formula is transparent, non-sticky, and non-flaky and your brow hairs still feel real and not stiff. The gel looks cloudy after a while because it does slightly remove any product you already have on your brows, but I do not find this a major problem, even though it does look dirty in the tube.

Price - £1.99     Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Superdrug
e.l.f Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
I decided to purchase this because I wanted to try an actual targeted brow gel and this one is cheaper than the clear mascara I was using before.

The packaging is made of clear plastic and it is dual ended. It has a band in the middle with the product name and it also acts as the brush applicators. The brushes are small and have the appearance of a standard mascara brush. Both ends twist and you pull the gel tubes off to reveal the brushes. The formula is slightly tacky, but not sticky and you get 2.5g of gel overall and the shades are both clear.

This too doesn’t have many claims, but both sides should make their counterparts appear glossy and shiny and the effects should be long wearing.

I actually really like this product, although I wish it was all in one tube! I wouldn’t say it makes your lashes look shiny or glossy and this isn’t a property I would want in a brow gel anyway. It is very long wearing and helps with defining the shape of your brows. The formula is completely transparent and non-sticky, flaky or stiff. When applied over your brow colour product, your brows stay flat in place, but it still feels like you have real hairs. The only thing I don’t really like about this product is the fact that the design rubs away over time and the formula becomes dirty looking, but it is nice to see how much gel you have left. Also, from my experience both sides of the product do the exact same thing, so it would be really handy to have a one sided tube.

Price - £1.95     Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - eyeslipsface.co.uk, eyeslipsface.com
 
GOSH Defining Brow Gel
I just wanted to try this because it is the first clear brow gel I had seen sold in stores in the UK and I wanted to ‘cure’ my curiosity of the whole brow gel versus clear mascara factor.

The tube is made of shiny silver plastic, with a matching lid which is also the brush applicator. The detailing around the tube has all the product information. The actual brush itself is like your standard small mascara shape, but it is slightly curved like a barrel. The formula is soft and non-sticky and you get 8ml of clear gel in the tube.

This transparent non-sticky gel is meant to control, shape and define your brows without making them flaky or stiff. You can wear it alone or over the top of a brow colour and this should make the colour last longer and the effects hold all day. It also claims to be suitable for sensitive eyes, perfume free and paraben free.

This has the best packaging out of the three by far! You can see how much product you have left, but you can tell how concentrated the gel is on the brush, which gives you an indicator of how much gel is left. The gel is transparent and has a slight alcohol scent when brand new, but disappears once used a few times. It is great for shaping and defining your brows and it doesn’t flake or make your brow hairs feel stiff. You can wear it on its own, but I like to fill my brows in and they still look incomplete until I apply a gel over the top. I would say it is suitable for sensitive eyes and the effects do last quite a long time, but I find the other two gels I’ve talked about are better for longevity.

Price - £4.99     Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Superdrug

Overall I think that brow gels and clear mascaras are the same thing and just because it is advertised as something different, people automatically think it is new and different and want to have it to feel their collection is complete. It is really down to personal preference. But just be warned you will always find a clear mascara cheaper than an actual brow gel.

Have you tried any of them before?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat