Skip to main content

Serial Sampler #24

I recently bought some skincare items from FeelUnique.com and I spent enough that I got to choose a free sample. I chose the perfume sample option of course. I used to own a bottle of the original version of this scent and was interested to find out whether this spin-off version smelled much different, as sometimes spin-offs smell nothing like the original scents they derive from.

It is Mon Paris Couture by Yves Saint Laurent and it is a 1.2ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum.

“A sparkling white chypre for a dazzling signature. The iconic and vertiginous Datura flower lights up with the freshness of rosebud accord and the sparkle of grapefruit essence for a free-spirited and radically couture attitude. ”
It contains a mixture of notes such as; Bergamot, Raspberry, Litchi, Grapefruit, Mandarin Orange, Datura, Peony, Rose, Orange Blossom, Patchouli, White Musk, Ambroxan and Cashmeran.

I do like the smell of this scent. It does smell different to the original, but you can tell it is a spin-off. I would say it is more floral than the original. It smells light, fresh, delicate, flowery and sparkly. I can detect the bergamot, peony, patchouli and white musk notes the most. I think I still prefer the original, but this is a nice addition to the Mon Paris family. It also reminds me of Bright Crystal by Versace.

You can buy it in 30ml (£56/$74), 50ml (£78/$97) and 90ml (£100/$124) and it is available at places such as; Boots, YSLBeauty.co.uk, YSLBeautyUS.com and Sephora.

| I received this sample for FREE from FeelUnique.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥