Skip to main content

BY BEAUTY BAY Fiery 16 Colour Palette

This is the third BY BEAUTY BAY make-up product I’ve tried and I did see it on the website when it first launched, but never picked it up. It was always sold out anyway so I couldn’t get it and the packaging has just been re-vamped for all of their palettes and all of the products were re-stocked. I decided to pick this one up because of the size, it’s not too small and it’s not too big. The nine shade version of this palette is all matte, and I really like shimmers/metallic and the massive forty-two shade version is too big (too many shades and too big to store in my drawers). I thought the sixteen shade palette would be the perfect medium.
My palette actually arrived faulty; one of the eyeshadows is missing (Burnt Sienna). In the spot were Burnt Sienna should be there is actually a duplicate of another shade in the palette (Sunstone). Basically, I have two Sunstone eyeshadows and I should only have one. I don’t have the shade Burnt Sienna when I should have one of them (above the shade Sunstone). This is obviously a factory mistake and the worker placing the eyeshadows into the palette obviously added two of the same shade by mistake. I first sent their customer services an e-mail on Sunday 7th June and I still haven’t heard back from them regarding this issue! I’m not overly bothered, but I am annoyed that I have received no reply from them. I wasn’t expecting a refund because the palette isn’t damaged and it is only one shade missing. They tend to generally only offer a refund on the faulty shade, which would be around 63p. I’m not desperate enough to force getting a refund for the amount of 63p! I wanted them to acknowledge my e-mail and assure me that it was just my palette that was faulty and not the whole batch, as I was considering just re-purchasing a new one to do my review and I didn’t want to risk receiving another faulty one. As you can see, I have given up on that idea and just decided to review the palette as it is. My mini “rant” is now over, let’s get into the review!

The packaging is made of orange cardboard and it is square shaped. The palette name is written in red font and the brand and details are printed in a white font. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal the inside on the palette. The inside of the palette is black and there is a mirror. The square eyeshadow pans are spread out in four rows of four and it has a sleek and compact look. The shade names are printed in silver font under each shade. You can purchase it for £10.00 from BeautyBay.com.

You get sixteen 1.4g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M) and Shimmer (S) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 18 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
All That Glitters - light gold (S)
Peaches N Cream - pale peach (M)
Honey Roast - light brown (M)
New Penny - copper (S)
Pumpkin Spice - light orange (M)
Tango - tangerine (S)
Hot Sauce - burnt orange (M)
Ruby Slippers - ruby red (S)
*Burnt Sienna - burnt pink (M)
Power Trip - bronzed orange (S)
Caramel Sauce - honey toned brown (M)
Adorn - deep gold (S)
Sunstone - bronze (S)
Brisk - burgundy (M)
Chocolate Soufflé - mahogany (M)
Sleepwalker - dark brown (S)

*PLEASE NOTE: My ‘Burnt Sienna’ eyeshadow is missing from my palette!

The eyeshadows should be intensively pigmented, long lasting, easy to blend and velvety in texture. On the back of the palette, it says that some shades “contain pigments which according to US law may not be suitable for use in the eye area”. It doesn’t go into detail on which shades are actually pressed pigments. The palette is also cruelty-free and vegan.

The colour story of this palette is perfect for me! I was surprised by the quality of the eyeshadows. I have swatched one of the nine pan palettes before so I already knew they would swatch good, I just wasn’t sure how they would apply to the eyes. They are very pigmented and extremely easy to blend, especially the velvety matte shades (stunning). I recommend using your finger or a synthetic stiff flat brush for the shimmer finish shades, but they look even better when wet. I always recommend using eye primer and glitter glue to increase the longevity of the eyeshadows. Some of the shimmer finish shades do look quite foiled/molten on the eye, like New Penny. The shimmer shade Tango doesn’t looked foiled, which kind of disappointed me a little bit as it looks beautiful in the pan. Ruby Slippers is a more pink toned ruby red, it looks stunning on the eye but don’t expect it to read as a true red. You of course get a little kick-back in the eyeshadow pans, but I didn’t notice any fallout, even with the shimmer shades! Overall I am quite impressed with this palette it is great quality for the price. It is a perfect inexpensive warm toned neutral palette with a pop of red.

| I purchased this palette for £10.00 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi