Skip to main content

LOOKFANTASTIC BEAUTY BOX #3 - July 2020


I re-subscribed to the LookFantastic Beauty Box in May and received my first box in June (Staycation Edition). I did enjoy that box so I decided to stay subscribed to see what July’s box (Sunkissed Edition) would have to offer. Last month’s box was a bag and this month we are back to the usual cardboard box. The six items should be worth over £65.00 altogether!

Here is what I received:-

MÁDARA Regenerating Night Cream
| 25ml - £17.00 |
This night cream is supposed to work best throughout the night, which is when your skin is best at repairing itself. It is supposed to help stimulate cell renewal, which should reduce fine lines and wrinkles. You should wake-up to brighter, more hydrated and more youthful-looking skin. I am interested in using this. I currently use a basic moisturiser at night, but I have been looking at upgrading to an actual night cream. I hope it is not too thick as I have used a night cream before and I could still feel it on my skin in the morning after applying it and my face felt a little congested, which is why I haven’t used a night cream since.
| Full Size: 50ml - £30.00 |

thisworks Morning Expert Hyaluronic Serum
| 10ml - £12.33 |
This serum is formulated with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C, which is supposed to reinvigorate your skins luminosity. Dullness, dehydration and fatigue should appear reduced and your skin should look brighter over time. This serum is targeted for use as a morning skincare product. I am into trying serums at the moment, but I don’t currently use one in the morning. I will give this one a go and I can still use my current one at night as this one is for morning use.
| Full Size: 30ml - £37.00 |

MONUspa Rose & Lemon Enriched Body Cream
| 100ml - £16.65 |
This body cream is enriched with ultra-nourishing vitamins and essential oils to relieve dryness and help your skin to feel more firm. I don’t use body creams or lotions because I am too lazy to apply them, don’t feel I need to use them and I don’t really like the feel of them on my skin. This one does smell so nice and fresh and I think I might use it. I will probably just start using it on my arms only first and then see how I feel about it. I hope the scent lingers on your skin!
| Full Size: 180ml - £29.95 |

Sleek MakeUp Matte Me Lip Cream in Bittersweet
| 6ml - £4.99 |
This is a matte liquid lipstick in a mauvy coral pink shade. It is supposed to easily glide onto your lips, feel comfortable and last for hours. I have heard that these lipsticks are mean’t to be quite good. Bittersweet is definitely not my kind of shade at the moment, so I will be passing this along. I would look at ordering one in a more suitable shade in the future (brown or warm nude).
| Full Size: 6ml - £4.99 |

MYVITAMINS Beauty Sleep Capsules
| 30 Capsules - £7.50 |
These vitamins contain a blend of minerals and herbs designed to support your sleep and the health of your hair, skin and nails. You should take one capsule thirty minutes before you go to bed. You should consult Doctor or Healthcare Professional before taking these vitamins.  I’ve heard very mixed reviews of this product. Some people swear by them and others seem to have actual nightmares instead of a peaceful and restful sleep! I’m not keen on subscription boxes offering vitamins and in my opinion they shouldn’t be offered. I am slightly annoyed that this is one of the items I received! During the pandemic, I have been struggling to get to sleep (insomnia), so I may experience benefits from using these vitamins and I am also intrigued as to whether they would cause me to have nightmares. I dream every night, but I’ve never experienced a nightmare during my adult life. I take prescription medications, so I would definitely have to consult a HC professional before considering trying them. Although I said I was disappointed at having received them, I haven’t actually ruled out trying them unless I am medically unable to do so.
| Full Size: 60 Capsules - £16.99 |

So Eco Blush Brush
| £7.50 |
This blush brush is made from sustainable materials and it is also vegan and cruelty-free. You can use it with powder or cream products. The bristles are very soft and it is slightly larger than I would normally use to apply my blush, but I will give it a go. I am mostly interested in trying it with my bronzer. You can use it to apply any face/base products really, although I wouldn’t recommend it for applying highlighter.
| Full Size - £7.50 |

Overall, I received another good box but it is skincare heavy like the previous one, but I am glad that there are no hair products! I won’t use the liquid lipstick because it is not a shade I currently wear and I am still undecided on the vitamins. My box this month is worth £65.97. I am staying subscribed, so I can’t wait to see what I receive next month.

| I purchased my subscription box for £15.00 from LookFantastic.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi