Skip to main content

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival Palette

I’ve had this palette for a little while now and I am interested in buying the newest version, Carnival III: Love Tahiti. I thought I would let you know what I thought of the original Carnival Palette. Stacey Marie is a makeup artist. I had actually never heard of her before I bought this palette!
THE PACKAGING
The palette is quite large and it is made out of black cardboard with a rectangular shape. It has bright colour powdery imagery all-over as the design. It also has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the inside of the palette. The square powder pans are arranged on a black base with the shade names printed underneath each pan in a white font. The highlighters are to the left and the eyeshadows to the right. There is also a mirror.
THE POWDERS & FORMULA
You get twenty-four eyeshadows in Matte (M), Metallic (ME) and Shimmer (S) finishes and two shimmery highlighters. The net weight of this palette is 48g.

·         Highly Pigmented Eyeshadows
·         Easy to Blend Eyeshadows
·         Staining May Occur
·         Shimmery Highlighters
·         Light Reflecting Highlighters
·         Vegan
·         Cruelty-Free

THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 18 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
Shuffle - mustard yellow (M)
Guilty - redcurrant (M)
Hustle - black gold (ME)
Naked - beige (M)
Basic - nude peach (M)
Rowdy - warm brown (M)
Funki - neon pink (M)
Pink Me - iridescent white with pink shift (S)
Keen - bright yellow (M)
Lit - neon orange (M)
Wifey - raspberry (M)
Hush - light gold (ME)
Foolish - peach (M)
Wasted - neon purple (M)
Queeny - gold (ME)
Mint - deep mint (M)
Recharge - royal blue (ME)
Sky - bright blue (M)
Liquor - burgundy brown (M)
Chant - mauve (M)
Envy - forest green (M)
Breezy - turquoise (ME)
Moony - gold toned white iridescent shimmer (S)
Mood - navy blue (M)
Sinner - bronze shimmer
Saint - pink champagne shimmer

MY THOUGHTS
·         Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always layer one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.

·         Pigmentation - The pigmentation of the eyeshadows is brilliant, I just wish the metallics were slightly more foiled. The highlighters are on the more sheer side, but you can layer them up to build the intensity.

·         Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. The metallic shades do apply better wet. They didn’t quite apply how I would like with my finger, which was a little disappointing. A synthetic stiff flat brush, slightly damp, did come in handy for those shades though.

·         Blending - The mattes do blend quite brilliantly and work well with the metallic and shimmer shades; I didn’t have any problems at all.

·         Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.

·         Fallout - I didn’t notice any fallout at all, but it can happen with metallic shades if you do not have a tacky enough primer/base.

The packaging is lovely and I did enjoy using this palette. The colour story makes me happy! I particularly loved using the blue shades as they really complemented my bluey green eyes and dyed ginger/auburn hair perfectly! I wish the brown/neutral shades were a warmer tone and I wish there were more green shades. I didn’t experience any staining on my skin from the eyeshadows. The only sort of issues I had were that the matte shade Keen doesn’t really show up as good on my skin tone for some reason. It doesn’t quite have the impact I want in a yellow and the shade Chant was a little hard to work with. This may be because it is a purple shade and we all know purple eyeshadows can be temperamental to formulate. My favourite shades are; Recharge, Sky and Breezy. I’m not really a fan of the highlighters, they are rather subtle but they can be built up, but I just really prefer other highlighters I own. I dislike when face products are included in the same palette as eyeshadows anyway. Overall I do recommend this palette. I would probably recommend that you pick up the Carnival XL Pro version instead of this one. As it does contain a few of the same shades that are in this palette (Keen, Mood, Pink Me, Lit, Funki, Basic, Shuffle and Foolish) and there are a lot more new ones included. Just keep in mind that the bigger version is of course larger in size and you get three smaller highlighters rather than the two bigger ones in this palette. The Carnival XL Pro Palette is also only £2.00 more in price than this one. I enjoyed the quality of this palette, but I am still more interested in getting my hands on the Carnival III: Love Tahiti version, rather than playing with this one more!

You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival Palette for £39.99 ($55.95) from BPERFECTCosmetics.com.

| I purchased this palette for £40.00 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi