Skip to main content

FeelUnique Beauty Kit #1

I have already tried the FeelUnique Pick & Mix Samples Service, so I thought it was time I tried the Beauty Kit Samples Service. It works a similar way to the Pick & Mix, but the sample sizes are bigger and the price is different. You also get a FREE beauty pouch. The items come all separate in the box, but you can put them inside the beauty pouch.

The way it works is that you have to be logged into your FeelUnique account and then you can make your order. You can select up to five different samples from categories, such as; Body, Hair, Fragrance, Make-Up and Skincare. You will get charged £12.95 for the samples and a shipping/handling fee of £3.95. Once your order has been despatched you will receive a Gift Voucher worth £3.95, which you can use against future orders (some exclusions apply). Only one of these subscriptions can be purchased per household within one calendar month.


Here are the five samples I chose:
COLAB Unicorn Dry Shampoo
I received a 50ml aerosol can of the full sized dry shampoo. You can purchase it in 200ml for £3.49.

“Amazing oil absorption without white residue”

This dry shampoo is supposed to absorb oil and instantly refresh your roots with a lightweight and invisible finish. You hair should feel clean and soft. It is scented with jasmine and vanilla.

There’s not much I can say about this product as it is a dry shampoo that works! The product is invisible so there is no white residue in your hair and it smells amazing too. The scent kind of reminds me of an Impulse body spray. I would look a re-purchasing a can in the future when I have finished up my current ones.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla (Light 2)
I received a 1.4ml mini tube of the full sized concealer. You can purchase it in 1.4ml (£13) and 6ml (£24).

This multi-purpose concealer is supposed to brighten, correct and perfect with a creamy buildable coverage and radiant finish.

There were only two shades to choose from; Vanilla (Light 2) or Custard (Medium 1). I chose Vanilla but I could tell when it first arrived that it doesn’t have the right undertones for my skin tone. It has pink undertones and I would say I have more yellow/neutral. I think the best shade for me would be Chantilly (Light 1). Due to it being the wrong shade, I can’t really form a proper opinion on it. When I tested it under my eyes, it did add nice medium to buildable coverage. I would say the formula is a little dry. I applied it with my finger and blended it out, but it didn’t look the best. I am guessing it would be better applied with a wet/damp blending sponge. I’m not sure I will bother getting my correct shade to test, as I am happy with the concealers I use already and they are a lot cheaper!
MOSCHINO Toy 2 Perfume
I received a 5ml mini dabber bottle of the eau de parfum. You can purchase it in 30ml (£46), 50ml (£66) and 100ml (£85).

It contains a mixture of notes such as; Mandarin Orange, Apple, Magnolia, Peony, White Currant, Jasmine, Sandalwood, Amberwood and Musk.

The mini bear bottle is incredibly cute! I’m not overly keen on dabber bottles, but obviously the bottle is too small for a spritzer. I can really smell the mandarin orange, apple, magnolia, peony and musk notes. It is definitely a fun fruity scent and it isn’t overly sweet. It reminds me of a summer getaway. It does last a while on the skin and it is a light and fresh scent, which it is not overpowering. I was expecting it to be extremely sweet and headache inducing, but I was completely wrong. The floral notes do a good job of toning down the sweetness.  I am now considering purchasing a full sized bottle!
NOBLE ISLE Bath & Shower Gel in Fireside
I received a 50ml mini bottle of the full sized bath & shower gel. You can purchase it in 250ml for £21.00.

“Fireside kindles the warm, spicy aromas of a country inn, with vitamin-rich beet extract”

This is a warming and sensual scent inspired by Mynwy Valley. It has a woody oriental blend containing notes such as; Grapefruit, Pink Pepper, Black Pepper, Ginger, Oakmoss and Vanilla.

I have previously tried a Noble Isle body wash (Summer Rising) and I remember it smelling so amazing and luxurious. This scent kind of smells masculine to me and it reminds me of autumn (my favourite season). I can really smell the pepper, oakmoss and vanilla notes. It also has a good lather, so you don’t need to be heavy handed and over apply. The scent also lingers on your skin long after your shower and dry down. I think I do still prefer the Summer Rising scent, but I haven’t smelled it in years! This body wash is definitely luxurious and it smells amazing. I would love to try some more scents.
BURBERRY My Burberry Perfume
I received a 5ml mini dabber bottle of the eau de toilette. You can purchase it in 30ml (£45), 50ml (£60) and 90ml (£86).

It contains a mixture of notes such as; Lemon Blossom, Sweet Pea, Freesia, Peony, Peach Blossom, Damask Rose, Moss and Musk.

The mini bottle is sweet looking with its little bow! I can really smell the sweet pea, freesia, peony, rose and musk notes. It is definitely a soft, fresh floral scent, but it does have a slight sweetness. It reminds me of spring. It does last a while on the skin and it is a light and fresh scent, which it is not overpowering. I was expecting it to be quite a mature floral scent, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn’t. It is not my typical scent as it is floral, but it smells really lovely and I wouldn’t be mad at wearing it or smelling it again.
My favourite of the samples is the MOSCHINO Toy 2 EDP and my least favourite is the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. It is an amazing service to offer, just like the Pick & Mix and TRY-ME options. I wish there were more make-up samples to choose from because there really isn’t that many. Other than that, there aren’t really any downsides. I would say the Pick & Mix service option is probably the most valuable, but you could think of the Beauty Kit as an upgrade to that service. I will definitely use this service again, but I will wait until more make-up samples are added.

| I purchased this sample kit for £16.90 from FeelUnique.com |

| Click HERE to see my thoughts on the FeelUnique Pick & Mix Samples Service |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥