Skip to main content

LOOKFANTASTIC BEAUTY BOX #5 - September 2020

Last month’s box was the Sunkissed Edition and this month we have the Birthday Edition with a peach, white and gold themed box. It is LookFantastic’s sixth birthday this month. The six items inside the box should be worth over £77.00 altogether and there is an extra free gift included!

Here is what I received this month:-

brush works Jade Roller
| £9.99 |
This face roller is supposed to alleviate puffiness and tension in the face. You can use it to massage serums, moisturisers and face masks into the skin. I already own a face roller and I do use it a few times a week. I notice a slight difference when I’ve used it. I will give this one a go as it is quite different to the one I already have. This one has a smaller roller on one side that might be better for under my eyes.
| Full Size - £9.99 |

ESPA Pink Hair and Scalp Mud
| 30ml - £5.10 |
This hair mask is a mineral rich treatment mask that is supposed to deeply condition, to leave hair soft and smooth and the scalp nourished. It should be suitable for all hair types, but mostly targeted towards dry or weak hair. I don’t really use hair care products. I don’t generally have the time or patience to use them. I use a conditioner every time I wash my hair anyway and I also colour my hair, so I already use a colour treatment conditioner. I don’t currently feel the need to try this product out. It does smell nice though!
| Full Size: 180ml - £34.00 |

ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Marine Cream
| 15ml - £30.00 |
I knew I was going to receive this product as I saw I sneak peek last month. This day cream has anti-ageing properties using a concentrate of Padina Pavonica (marine extract), which should transform your skin. It contains antioxidants that should improve collagen production to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I am interesting in giving this a try. I don’t really have any fine lines and wrinkles, but I am all for prevention. Padina Pavonica is an algae/seaweed.
| Full Size: 50ml - £87.00 |

ILLAMASQUA Beyond Powder in OMG
| 2g - £10.00 |
This highlighter is a shimmering champagne shade that is supposed to warm the skin and illuminate the high points of the face to reflect light. It is best worn on the top of cheek bones, brow bones and collar bones. I did lightly swatch this product and it appears lightly pigmented. I think it might be too subtle for my liking and I also already own far too many highlighters! I will pass this on to someone who will use and appreciate it more. It is a pretty shade though!
| Full Size: 7g - £34.00 |

Diego Dalla Palma Lip Pencil in Antique Pink (80)
| SIZE UNKNOWN - £9.32 |
This lip liner has a precise tip, which should help define the lips and give strong colour payoff. You can blend it all over your lips for a matte finish that should last hours. Antique Pink is a dusty mauve pink shade. I don’t use lip liners, but this one does feel creamy, even with the sharp tip. I’m not sure how precise the tip would be after it has been sharpened a few times though!
| Full Size: 1.5g - £15.50 |

LUXIE Large Shader Brush (209)
| £15.00 |
This brush is suitable for use with cream and powder eyeshadows. This bristles are soft and synthetic. The bristles do feel really soft and it quite stiff, which I like in a synthetic brush. I don’t currently have a brush like it and it is not too big, so I will keep it and give it a whirl.
| Full Size - £15.00 |

LookFantasic BEAUTYBOX Pop Socket
| FREE GIFT |
This is the extra free gift included for LookFantastic’s birthday. It is a nice idea and good addition, but I do not use pop sockets.
| Full Size - PURCHASE UNAVAILABLE |
There was a good variety of products in this box, but sadly I won’t be able to make use of some of them. I am still looking forward to trying out the products I am keeping though. My box was worth £79.41 this month. I am looking forward to next month’s box as the sneak peek product seems interesting.

I have also purchased the LOOKFANTASTIC Advent Calendar for 2020. It is currently available on pre-order for £85.00. Beauty Box subscribers get a £15.00 discount on it if they use their code (I used mine). Information on how to get your code is in the Beauty Edit leaflet, inside this month’s box (page 18).  New subscribers can also get a £15.00 discount. You will need to add the advent calendar to your basket, along with the beauty box subscription. You will then need to enter the code: ADVENTNEWSUBS in the discount code box. It officially launches on Monday 12th October. You can purchase it exclusively from LookFantastic.com. If you purchase it on pre-order, your order will not be shipped until it has officially launched on Monday 12th October.

The Sneak Peek for October’s Box is that you should receive a 2.3g tube of the BY TERRY Baume de Rose Flaconnette Liquid Lip Balm (worth £14.00).

| I purchased my subscription box for £15.00 from LookFantastic.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi