Skip to main content

LOOKFANTASTIC BEAUTY BOX #5 - September 2020

Last month’s box was the Sunkissed Edition and this month we have the Birthday Edition with a peach, white and gold themed box. It is LookFantastic’s sixth birthday this month. The six items inside the box should be worth over £77.00 altogether and there is an extra free gift included!

Here is what I received this month:-

brush works Jade Roller
| £9.99 |
This face roller is supposed to alleviate puffiness and tension in the face. You can use it to massage serums, moisturisers and face masks into the skin. I already own a face roller and I do use it a few times a week. I notice a slight difference when I’ve used it. I will give this one a go as it is quite different to the one I already have. This one has a smaller roller on one side that might be better for under my eyes.
| Full Size - £9.99 |

ESPA Pink Hair and Scalp Mud
| 30ml - £5.10 |
This hair mask is a mineral rich treatment mask that is supposed to deeply condition, to leave hair soft and smooth and the scalp nourished. It should be suitable for all hair types, but mostly targeted towards dry or weak hair. I don’t really use hair care products. I don’t generally have the time or patience to use them. I use a conditioner every time I wash my hair anyway and I also colour my hair, so I already use a colour treatment conditioner. I don’t currently feel the need to try this product out. It does smell nice though!
| Full Size: 180ml - £34.00 |

ELEMIS Pro-Collagen Marine Cream
| 15ml - £30.00 |
I knew I was going to receive this product as I saw I sneak peek last month. This day cream has anti-ageing properties using a concentrate of Padina Pavonica (marine extract), which should transform your skin. It contains antioxidants that should improve collagen production to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I am interesting in giving this a try. I don’t really have any fine lines and wrinkles, but I am all for prevention. Padina Pavonica is an algae/seaweed.
| Full Size: 50ml - £87.00 |

ILLAMASQUA Beyond Powder in OMG
| 2g - £10.00 |
This highlighter is a shimmering champagne shade that is supposed to warm the skin and illuminate the high points of the face to reflect light. It is best worn on the top of cheek bones, brow bones and collar bones. I did lightly swatch this product and it appears lightly pigmented. I think it might be too subtle for my liking and I also already own far too many highlighters! I will pass this on to someone who will use and appreciate it more. It is a pretty shade though!
| Full Size: 7g - £34.00 |

Diego Dalla Palma Lip Pencil in Antique Pink (80)
| SIZE UNKNOWN - £9.32 |
This lip liner has a precise tip, which should help define the lips and give strong colour payoff. You can blend it all over your lips for a matte finish that should last hours. Antique Pink is a dusty mauve pink shade. I don’t use lip liners, but this one does feel creamy, even with the sharp tip. I’m not sure how precise the tip would be after it has been sharpened a few times though!
| Full Size: 1.5g - £15.50 |

LUXIE Large Shader Brush (209)
| £15.00 |
This brush is suitable for use with cream and powder eyeshadows. This bristles are soft and synthetic. The bristles do feel really soft and it quite stiff, which I like in a synthetic brush. I don’t currently have a brush like it and it is not too big, so I will keep it and give it a whirl.
| Full Size - £15.00 |

LookFantasic BEAUTYBOX Pop Socket
| FREE GIFT |
This is the extra free gift included for LookFantastic’s birthday. It is a nice idea and good addition, but I do not use pop sockets.
| Full Size - PURCHASE UNAVAILABLE |
There was a good variety of products in this box, but sadly I won’t be able to make use of some of them. I am still looking forward to trying out the products I am keeping though. My box was worth £79.41 this month. I am looking forward to next month’s box as the sneak peek product seems interesting.

I have also purchased the LOOKFANTASTIC Advent Calendar for 2020. It is currently available on pre-order for £85.00. Beauty Box subscribers get a £15.00 discount on it if they use their code (I used mine). Information on how to get your code is in the Beauty Edit leaflet, inside this month’s box (page 18).  New subscribers can also get a £15.00 discount. You will need to add the advent calendar to your basket, along with the beauty box subscription. You will then need to enter the code: ADVENTNEWSUBS in the discount code box. It officially launches on Monday 12th October. You can purchase it exclusively from LookFantastic.com. If you purchase it on pre-order, your order will not be shipped until it has officially launched on Monday 12th October.

The Sneak Peek for October’s Box is that you should receive a 2.3g tube of the BY TERRY Baume de Rose Flaconnette Liquid Lip Balm (worth £14.00).

| I purchased my subscription box for £15.00 from LookFantastic.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥