Skip to main content

BY TERRY V.I.P. EXPERT Paris Mon Amour Palette

I believe this is the third V.I.P. Expert Palette that BY TERRY has released. I remember seeing two being released early last year and I almost bought one (Paris By Light), but I changed my mind because the shades are what I already have twice over. I remember this one being released at the end of last year and I decided not to purchase it for the same reasons as the last one, but as you can see I relented and it is really down to the design on the packaging. I am very drawn to anything that has the Eiffel Tower on it and I have always had an interest in France, even though I have only ever visited the country twice! The colour story is very appealing to me, even though it is not unique and the palette packaging is also purple, my favourite colour. Everything about the palette screams my name, but it isn’t something I needed or should have really bought!
THE PACKAGING
The packaging is quite small, rectangular and made of plastic. It has a purple metallic and mirrored plastic casing with a slightly raised dark purple Parisian themed design all of it. It has a clip closing, which you just lift up to reveal the inside. Inside the ten little square eyeshadow pans are tightly arranged across a dark purple base and there is also a space underneath them for the small dual ended eyeshadow brush. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. The eyeshadows do not have names.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get ten 1.35g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Satin (S) and Shimmer (SH) finishes.
 
·         Get the Parisian Look
·         Smooth & Easy Blending
·         Long Lasting
·         High Impact Colour
·         Creamy Texture
·         Metallic shades can be used wet or dry
·         Limited Edition
·         Vegan
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Shade #1 - warm cream (M)
Shade #2 - champagne bronze (S)
Shade #3 - cool pink (SH)
Shade #4 - golden pink (SH)
Shade #5 - cool brown (M)
Shade #6 - warm bronze (SH)
Shade #7 - golden champagne (SH)
Shade #8 - warm cranberry (SH)
Shade #9 - champagne taupe (S)
Shade #10 - beige (M)
 
There are imprints into each shade; Arc de Triomphe, Terrybly, Star Glimmer, Tour de Eiffel, Star Glimmer, Star Glimmer, Roue de Paris, Star Glimmer, Paris and Boutique Front.
 
EXTRAS
There is a dual ended eyeshadow brush included inside the palette. One side is a sort of flat fluffy blending brush and the other is an angled eyeliner brush.
Photo: © Selfridges.com
MY THOUGHTS
·         Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always lay one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·         Pigmentation - The pigmentation on the eye is great, but they do not finger swatch well.
·         Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·         Blending - They blend out pretty good, but the majority of the palette is shimmer shades that you would generally use for the eyelid, so no real blending would be needed.
·         Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·         Fallout - I didn’t notice any at all, not even from the glittery shimmer shades.
 
I absolutely love the packaging and the little imprints in the eyeshadows! The colour story is dreamy, but I have already seen it a thousand times before. The shimmer shades are really pretty and they do look a little metallic, but I do wish they were on the molten metallic side. This is obviously a Parisian make-up style eyeshadow palette, so it is supposed to be on the more natural side with a little glow. There are only three matte shades in the whole palette and two of them are basically white and do not really show up on my skin tone. They are ok for blending out or setting the brow bone area, but other than that they are pretty useless to me. The third matte is a cool tone dark brown shade, which I would really use to darken the outer corners of my eye. I did use Shade #9 as a transition shade and it worked quite well even though it has a satin finish. The colour showed up, but it was obvious it was not matte as you could see the glimmers. After I blended a little bit of the matte Shade #5 to the outer corner, the glimmers were a little less noticeable. The shimmer shades only really apply well with your fingertips. The shimmer Shade #8 is a beautiful colour, but it doesn’t really go with the other shades. It is quite a deep cranberry on the eye and there is a lack of matte shades to use with it so it doesn’t look so stark on the eye. My favourite shades are Shade #3 and Shade #9. Overall it is a beautiful palette, but I really should not have bought it. It is too on the natural side for me, which I did know before buying it but I thought the metallics might be buttery soft and molten, which would have made it worth it. The theme of the palette is what really sold me if I am honest. I had also not tried any make-up from BY TERRY before, so I did want to try something and this palette was the only product that recently caught my eye from them. I am glad I didn’t purchase the first two palette launches! I am torn over what to do with this palette now, I love the packaging but I doubt I will use it again. I can’t just keep it because of the packaging; it doesn’t even match my décor to use it as a display piece. Also, I’m not overly keen on having nick-nacks displayed, they are just dust collectors! I wouldn’t recommend trying this palette unless you are really into the natural and minimal Parisian beauty look. Even then, I would wait until there was a sale on. I’m glad I didn’t pay full price for this palette!
 
You can purchase the BY TERRY V.I.P. EXPERT Paris Mon Amour Palette for £48.00 from ByTerry.com.
 
| I purchased this palette for £38.00 from FeelUnique.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 10 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters

These were first launched in the USA and I remember waiting for a while for them to arrive in the UK. When they finally arrived I knew I had to try them out. I waited until they were on offer at £5.99 and I wanted to pick shades I knew I would wear and because they are not lipsticks I thought I would be safe to pick up a brighter colour I wouldn’t usually choose. The packaging is made of plastic and has a sort of quilted design on two sides of four and the colour of the packaging corresponds to the shade it is housing. The base is black plastic, which has the shade sticker. The cylindrical tube the product is dispensed from is made of reflective silver plastic. To dispense the product, you pull the packaging off and twist the base. The butter is slanted in shape and has a flat base. It is a gel formula with mango, shea and cocoa butter. You get 2.5g of product in each tube. There are many shades ranging from light to dark, but I currently only have two. The two shades I have