Skip to main content

BY BEAUTY BAY New Romantic Palette

I first saw the tease post of this palette on Beauty Bay’s Instagram page on 29th January and it was a black and white photo, so you couldn’t see the colour story but some of the shades names were a little bit of a giveaway to some possible shades (Raspberry, Flamingo and Khaki etc). On the 31st January, they posted another tease photo of the shade Queen and this really when the colour story was confirmed. The full reveal post was on 1st February, the same day as the palette launched. I bought it on launch day; I half expected it to already be sold out, but luckily for me it wasn’t. The formula of the eyeshadows looked like in the NikkieTutorials Palette, which I hoped the shimmers would be as they are stunning. Beauty Bay also had two other palettes that are the same sort of concept; Sunset Horizons and Book of Magic (discontinued). I decided not to purchase these two as I wasn’t completely sold on the colour stories for the usage I would personally get out of them, but they did look stunning and I really wanted to buy them!
THE PACKAGING
The packaging has a large, short and thick rectangular shape and is made of blush pink and black cardboard. The outer part is blush pink and has the palette name printed in large letters with a pink, red and black floral design filling each letter. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up the reveal the medium sized square eyeshadow pans arranged across a black base. The shade names are printed underneath each eyeshadow pan in a hot pink font. There is also a decent size mirror on the underside of the lid.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get twenty 1.4g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M) and Shimmer (S) finishes.
 
·         Silky Soft
·         Blends Seamlessly
·         Intense Colour Payoff
·         Vegan
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Vanilla - soft cream (M)
Birthday - hot pink (M)
Oyster - seashell (S)
Flamingo - flamingo pink (M)
Lingerie - taupe (M)
Milkshake - baby pink (M)
Chintz - lilac mauve (S)
Claret - deep burgundy (M)
Queen - rich purple (S)
Smoothie - soft berry (M)
Penny - rich copper (S)
Embers - burnt brown (M)
Raspberry - raspberry pink (S)
Mars - deep burgundy brown (M)
Royal - plum (S)
Muffin - chocolate brown (M)
Khaki - khaki gold (S)
Saddle - deep brown (M)
Valentine - rich burgundy (S)
Ink - true black (M)
 
Some of the shades are Pressed Pigments. According to USA Law, Pressed Pigments are not intended for use around the immediate eye area as they can cause temporary staining to the area of skin they are applied to. It doesn’t state which shades are pressed pigments.
 
MY THOUGHTS
·         Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always lay one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·         Pigmentation - The pigmentation is amazing and the shimmers are spectacular!
·         Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·         Blending - They blend pretty easily, but I did struggle with the two darkest matte shades a little. I think my brush was a bit too soft to blend them how I wanted them to blend.
·         Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·         Fallout - I only noticed minimal glitter fallout from the shimmer shades; do not forget your glitter glue as it does help.
 
The packaging design is cute and simple. I absolutely love the colour story, it is very romantic indeed! I like that the eyeshadow pans are smaller than in the NikkieTutorials palette, but I do wish that the palette packaging was thinner like the NikkieTutorials palette. The mattes are very soft and easy to blend. The shimmers have a sort of putty texture, which makes them apply like butter. The shimmers are better applied with your finger as you need the warmth, they do not pick up well with a brush. Vanilla and Birthday are very light for my skin tone, so I would use them as blending out shades or an overall base. It did take a bit of building for Lingerie to show up on my eyes and I am not sure why as it looks and swatches darker than my skin tone. This shimmer formula is probably the best I have ever tried, but I can’t decide between these or the Kaleidos shimmer/metallic formula. The shade Ink is also the deepest and most pigmented black eyeshadow I have ever used. I did notice a little staining on my skin from the pink shades, but they came off fully when I washed my face. If you are concerned about glitter fallout, I would recommend doing your eye make-up before your base. I loved every single look I created with this palette! My favourite shades are; Penny, Embers, Raspberry, Royal and Khaki. I highly recommend that you purchase this palette, you will not be disappointed. I would be quick about it too as I am not sure if it is limited edition or not! This is the best palette I’ve tried so far this year and it is hard to think that something could beat it, as we still have another ten months left of palette releases to come!
 
You can purchase the BY BEAUTY BAY New Romantic Palette for £15.00 exclusively from BeautyBay.com.
 
| I purchased this palette for £15.00 from BeautyBay.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 18 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥