Skip to main content

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

I actually did a review and trial of the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara in March 2011 for my other blog and since I no longer have that blog I thought I would post the review here, as my opinions of it have not changed, plus it is a post on something other than a haul.

This is an overall review of the product and my experience during the 30 day trial.
REVIEW
I first heard about this mascara on YouTube as a few Beauty Gurus were receiving them for free to test ahead of the actual launch of the mascara, so when it became available in stores I had to get one and trial it myself.

Rimmel claims this is a “mascara and lash treatment in one that works both instantly, and overtime. The advanced ultra-lengthening formula instantly makes lashes appear up to 80% longer. Over time, the unique Grow-Lash Complex strengthens, nourishes and renews lashes to promote natural lash growth for up to 117% longer looking lashes after 30 days.”

I bought mine in black and you get 7ml of formula in the tube and the brush was a nice size and was a kind of diamond shape. The formula was not messy and you couldn’t even feel it on your lashes. It made your lashes look bolder and a bit longer, but that could just have been the boldness of the black colour. It didn’t clump my lashes and it separated them sufficiently.

So let’s see how I got on during the trial.

30 DAY TRIAL
WEEK 1 – DAY 1 TO 7
I wasn’t expecting an amazing difference in the first week, but the mascara did make my lashes appear longer, separated and more voluminous, but obviously there was no change to my natural naked lashes as of then.
WEEK 2 – DAY 8 TO 14
During Week 2 I started to notice that when I put the mascara on it made my lashes look kind of false, which means they were very bold, which I quite liked. I did like the effect, but I can't help thinking that my eyes looked a bit spidery. But I didn’t actually notice any change in my natural lashes then, they just looked the same as they did before I started the trial.
WEEK 3 – DAY 15 TO 21
Not much happened this week. My lashes looked great with the mascara on, but there were no changes to my natural lashes. Although I had noticed that the mascara was starting to dry up and the formula had started to go slightly clumpy!
WEEK 4 – DAY 22 TO 30
As you can see from the pictures above my natural lashes didn’t really look any different, but I still had the 'false lash' effect with the mascara on. The mascara was getting quite dry so when I finished the trial I threw it away!
OVERALL RESULTS
Overall I didn't notice any significant changes at all to my natural/naked lashes, they did look a touch longer but not noticeably longer. Obviously I wasn't expecting miracles and to have four foot lashes, but I expected a more noticeable change. The mascara did dry up after a while. When the mascara is on your lashes it makes a difference, obviously, but that is what other mascaras do anyway, from my experience this product was nothing special.

I do not recommend it for its main purpose, which is to grow your natural lashes, but I would recommend it as a basic mascara. I don’t think it’s worth its original price of £8.99, therefore I would not re-purchase it. I suppose if you did a longer trial there could be more noticeable changes but it promises some sort of result after 30 days, which it did not for me.

Rate: 2.5/5        Re-Purchase: No
Product Link: click here!
RRP Price: £8.99
Where I Got It & How Much For: Boots (UK) for £6.99 (Promotional Discount)
You Can Buy It At:- Boots (UK), Superdrug (UK), Ulta (USA)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...