Skip to main content

Glossybox #25 - February 2019

This is my third Glossybox since I re-subscribed last year. It is also the Valentine’s Day themed box. I would say that so far, this box seems to be the one most tailored to my usual interests. I received seven products in this box, technically six because two go hand in hand.
HUDA BEAUTY Lip Contour in Venus
This lip pencil formula is supposed to be waterproof and transfer-free. It should glide on effortlessly and give your lips an intense shot of colour. You can use it to contour or colour your lips or pair it with a lipstick. Venus is a warm beige nude shade. It glides onto your lips very easy, but it feels a little tacky when you fill your whole lips in with it. I’m not sure how often I would use this seeing as though I have never used lip liner. I prefer liquid lipsticks and I don’t feel the need to line my lips before applying it.
| 1.20g - £16.00 |

NAILS INC Nail Varnish in Status Ready
This nail polish should be long lasting and super glossy. It is a deep cherry red shade. It has an expertly designed brush that fits the shape and width of your nail. The colour is nice and it was very easy to apply. I would consider buying other shades of this nail polish.
| 14ml - £15.00 |

LUXIE BEAUTY Medium Fan Brush (560)
This fan brush is supposed to be the perfect size to add a little shimmer to your complexion. I almost purchased a fan brush from Morphe just before Christmas, but I changed my mind because I think I prefer a more controlled brush like the Morphe Y14 or R36. I will still give this brush a go though.
| £15.00 |

REGENERATE Enamel Science Advanced Toothpaste
This toothpaste is supposed to be regenerating, strengthening and enamel mineral restoring. It should reverse the early enamel erosion process, whilst also giving you pearly-white teeth and minty fresh breath. I don’t think I have an issue with my enamel, but I will give this a go. I’m not sure if there can be any noticeable changes with a sample sized toothpaste. My current concern with my teeth is whitening them.
| 14ml - £2.50 |

VITAMASQUES Multivitamin Mask
This mask is supposed to nourish, moisturise and hydrate your face. It is a Korean face mask and it is used to achieve a healthy glow. I haven’t used a face mask in ages and I think I have only ever tried one sheet mask previously. I will definitely try out this mask. I actually have a few in my drawer that I have been meaning to try out.
| 1 Sheet Mask - £4.99 |

MUGLER Alien Fusion Eau De Parfum &
Alien Man Fusion Eau De Toilette
These are brand new fragrances by MUGLER and are a spin-off of the original Alien fragrance. The Alien Fusion scent is described as being “a hot and spicy scent with an intense, fiery trail”. It actually reminds me of the Diesel Loverdose perfume that I used to have. I think it is the sandalwood note, I originally thought liquorice, but this perfume does not contain a liquorice note. I do like the scent and it is quite mature, which isn’t really to my typical taste. The Alien Man Fusion scent is described as being “leathery, vibrant and addictive fragrance that will awaken his senses”. It reminded me of a Lynx body spray when I first sprayed it, with that sort of soapy clean scent. It is actually quite nice and I don’t think it really resembles the “female” version. I wouldn’t buy the Alien Fusion for myself, but I would get both versions as gifts for my loved ones.
| 1.2ml & 1.2ml |
Although I did like this box, I will be unsubscribing, again! There is nothing wrong with the service I received, I just like to get a box every once in a while. There are a lot of new beauty releases coming soon and I would rather save the money for those. I don’t tend to keep a lot of the products from the boxes and I don’t think I have ever re-purchased anything that I have tried. Beauty boxes are a great idea if you like testing out a variety of products. The special boxes always have cute designs too. I’m not sure if I will receive the March box yet, because I think you might have to give 30 days notice to cancel the subscription. If I do receive the March box, I will share my thoughts with you.

The ‘Sneak Peak!’ for the March box, teases that everyone should receive BYBI Plumper Lip Balm. The lip balm is supposed to be a beauty essential for plumper, smoother and intensely hydrated lips. It contains peppermint and blood orange. It is made with natural ingredients and is vegan and cruelty-free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Blogmas #17 | Christmas Wishlist 2013

It is Christmas Wishlist time! I haven’t really got much on my list this year and it is not really varied, definitely a beauty theme. To be honest, I’ve got everything I need and would want. Like most people, I would LOVE more money! 1. Soap & Glory Loved & Glossed™ Gift Set | £16 2. Paco Rabanne Lady Million 80ml Perfume | £65 3. Stila In The Light Palette | £25 4. CARGO Vintage Escape Palette | £35 5. Wilko Wild Print Storage Cases | £10 6. Lady GaGa 30ml Perfume | £24 7. Soap & Glory The Yule Monty™ Gift Set | £60 (£27 on 13 th Dec) Like I said last year, I will be sale shopping again on Boxing Day, so anything I don’t get as gifts I can buy myself at discounted prices! What would you like for Christmas? ♥ ♥ ♥