Skip to main content

Perfume Power! - Justin Bieber 'Girlfriend'

I had wanted to purchase this perfume for years, ever since I had a sample of it. I held off buying it because I am not or never was a Justin Bieber fan and I thought it would be a little embarrassing to own something of his. Now I am a bit older, I don’t really care because I love smelling lovely and I remembered this scent being very lovely.
The bottle itself it made out of purple glass and it is heart shaped and quite long and narrow. The bottle is encased inside a pink and purple springy plastic sort of case. I’m not really sure how to describe the casing. You are able to remove the bottle from the casing. The casing comes in two parts (cap and cup) which fit together by two weak magnets. I think the bottle design is supposed to represent a real heart. The purple bottle would be the heart and the casing would be your rib cage. It has a regular button press spritzer to dispense the scent. It is available in 30ml (£20), 50ml (£29.00) and 100ml (£40.00). I’m not too sure if you can actually buy it anymore. For those of you that live in the UK, it can still be purchased from AllBeauty.com at a discounted price.

The fragrance notes are:-

Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Blackberry, Big Strawberry & Pear
Middle Notes: Pink Freesia, Star Jasmine, Apricot & Orange Blossom
Base Notes: Vanilla Orchid, Musk & White Amber

The bottle design is ok, but the casing is ridiculous! I thought the casing would just be a nice 3D design stuck onto the bottle, but no. The casing is pointless. The bottle doesn’t fit snug inside the casing, so it wobbles about. The magnets that hold the cap casing onto the bottom cup casing are very weak, so they easily part and wouldn’t be good for travelling. The casing just makes the product as a whole unnecessarily large. I have actually thrown the casing away, it just bugs me that there is not a separate small cap for the spritzer. The scent is not original or unique. It actually reminds me of the Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy perfume, which I already own and love. The scent is very nice, fruity and fresh. You can really smell the floral and orange notes. It does last for a long time on the skin and it isn’t over powering, so you don’t have to worry about spraying too much. I would recommend this perfume if you like Viva La Juicy, but want a more affordable and juvenile design option. I most likely won’t re-purchase this perfume as I already own Viva La Juicy and they both smell the same to me on my skin. I would be more likely to re-purchase the Juicy Couture one regardless of the price because I prefer their bottle design and it does smell nicer and slightly deeper. On a whole, I think Girlfriend is supposed to attract the younger Justin Bieber fans, but although the design is a little juvenile, the scent isn’t and will complement anyone who wears it.

| I purchased this perfume for £16.75 from AllBeauty.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette - Swatches

I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the swatches with you. THE SHADES & SWATCHES Luna - honey beige (M) Gemini - vermilion duo-chrome with a gold shift (ME) Lorelei - mustard orange (M) Polkadot - warm tawny brown (M) Cupcake - deep true brown (M) Bonnie - blackest jet-black (M) Leo - army green (M) Goalz - golden lime with glitter flecks (ME) Fire OG - olive green (M) Mochi - olive mustard (M)   You can purchase the Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette for £49.00 from MeltCosmetics.com .   | I purchased this palette for £48.00 from BeautyBay.com |   | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 10 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |