Skip to main content

Swatch Perfect Swatch Stencils

I can’t quite remember how I came across this brand, but I think I just Google searched, ‘Swatch Stickers’ and hey presto!

Swatch Perfect is a small company that designs and manufactures swatch stencils in the UK. It was set up by a beauty blogger, who struggled to find swatch stencils in the UK. You can purchase their sticker stencils exclusively from SwatchPerfect.co.uk.

I decided to purchase some swatch stencils as my swatches will look neater and it will be easier for me to show off swatches from palettes that have like a million eyeshadow shades in them! Before, I would struggle to evenly space the swatches on my arm, now I no longer have to worry about that.

You can purchase individual stencils or kits and there are plenty of styles to choose from; Stripes, Circles, Hearts, Stars, Logos etc. I wanted straight stripes so that my swatches look cleaner, also I thought this would be the easiest style for me to use. Overall I have purchased three Stripes Kits and an individual 36 Pan Double Stripes stencil. I made two orders to collect the stencils I wanted and with both orders I received a complimentary Swatch Perfect Logo Stencil.
Stripes Kit - £14.50 (worth £21.00)
In this kit you get nine swatch stencils with rectangular stripes; 4 Pan, 7 Pan, 8 Pan, 10 Pan, 12 Pan, 14 Pan, 10 Pan Double, 14 Pan Double and 18 Pan Double. I currently have three sets of this kit. The colour of the stencils varies and you do not get to choose the colour. My sets are in aqua blue, pink and navy blue.
4 Pan (6cm x 9cm) - £1.50
7 Pan (5.5cm x 9.5cm) - £2.00
8 Pan (5.5cm x 13.5cm) - £2.50
10 Pan (5.5cm x 13cm) - £2.50
12 Pan (5cm x 13.5cm) - £2.50
14 Pan (4cm x 14cm) - £2.50
10 Pan Double Stripes (8cm x 9cm) - £2.50
14 Pan Double Stripes (8cm x 10cm) - £2.50
18 Pan Double Stripes (8cm x 13cm) - £2.50
36 Pan Double Stripes (8.5cm x 18cm) - £3.00
Swatch Perfect Logo (3.2cm x 4.5cm) - FREE
For the above Swatch, I used the JUVIA’S PLACE The Magic Palette (Buzo, Yara, Nubia & Kogi).

The stencils are made from low-tack vinyl and are recommended for one use. You peel the stencil off the backing and place it where you want it and press it down onto your skin. The area of skin needs to be clean and dry so that the adhesive sticks. You then rub your product over the stencil and peel the stencil off when finished. You may then dispose of your stencil; which is not currently recyclable unfortunately.

You can actually use the stencils multiple times (5+) if you carefully peel them off after use. I gently place them back on the backing and lightly go over them with a wipe to clean of the excess product. I find that eyeshadows apply better with your finger, if you have big fingers like myself, you may struggle to apply swatches to the small stencils. I really enjoy using these stencils and I will definitely look at buying more. The swatches look much nicer than free hand swatches, however, it does take longer to complete the swatching process as you have to place the stencil and then carefully rub your product over the cut outs. The only really downsides are that they are not recyclable and they can be expensive if you purchase a lot of them, especially if you do not try to re-use them. Overall, nothing will stop me buying them again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GUCCI Mini Perfume Gift Set

Today I am going to review a perfume gift set that I bought from Boots.com during their Boxing Day sales 2014. It is the GUCCI Miniatures Gift Set and it was exclusively sold in Boots stores and on Boots.com. I love the concept of mini perfume sets and it’s a shame that not more brands do them! You get to sample more scents from brands, and if there is a certain perfume you are interested in, you would be able to sample it before potentially wasting your money buying a full size bottle of a scent you might not like. In this particular set you get five (5ml) mini fragrances to sample and I actually already bought a full size of the Guilty scent, but waited until I got this set to test it! A big gamble I know, but it did pay off this time! Here are the five miniature bottles of scents included:- FLORA BY GUCCI The bottle is so cute and with a little ribbon bow too. The notes contained in this little bottle are; citrus, peony, mandarin, osmanthus, rose, sandalwood, patchouli and ...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Charlotte Tilbury Bejewelled Eyes To Hypnotise Instant Eye Palette

I originally wanted to purchase this palette last year as I already had the Charlotte Tilbury Stars-In-Your-Eyes Palette, which is the same concept as this one but had a more neutral and bright sultry colour story. I actually ended up decluttering that palette, so I decided not to purchase this one just in case I ended up doing the same thing. A few days ago I was watching one of Angelika Oles videos on YouTube and she mentioned this palette and did a tutorial using it. I instantly changed my mind and set about purchasing the palette. It is limited edition and I believe it was released back in September 2020 so it was hard to find, I also didn’t really want to pay full price for it. I did a search on Depop and came across a reputable seller who was selling one brand new in packaging, so I snapped it up and here it is! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of glittery silver plastic and it has a long, thin and rectangular shape. It has a silver starburst design across the front. I believe...