Skip to main content

Serial Sampler #18


I received this sample through the post and I am not sure who it is from. I assume maybe the brand sent it to me, but I am not sure. I have taken advantage of FREE perfume samples on Facebook before, so I wonder if it is a brand I have received samples from before. I definitely didn’t send of a request for this particular scent. It was the first time I had ever heard of or seen this scent when I opened the packet. I was also sent a sample of the masculine version of the scent in the same packet.

Today’s sample is Valentino Donna Born in Roma by Valentino and it is a 1.2ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum.

“A floriental woody fragrance”

It contains a mixture notes, such as; Blackcurrant, Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Jasmine Tea, Jasmine, Jasmine Sambac, Cashmeran, Guaiac Wood and Bourbon Vanilla.
 
It smells really fresh and feminine. I can really smell the bergamot, jasmine and the spice of the pink pepper with hints of the vanilla peeking through. It is definitely a floral scent, but it is really soft and it comes across slightly fruitier, even though the majority of the notes are floral based. It smells kind of sweet, but it is not sickly or overpowering. It is not really a unique scent as I have smelled something similar before, but it is lovely and I am tempted to purchase a bottle.

The masculine version is called Valentino Uomo Born in Roma. It is described as a spicy woody scent and it is an eau de toilette. It doesn’t share any notes in common with the feminine version, which I find a little strange. It kind of smells like a generic aftershave, like if you caught a whiff of it; you would instantly know it was a man’s aftershave. Once the notes settle, it does smell quite strong, fresh and sexy. It doesn’t resemble the feminine version at all. I wouldn’t say it is particularly spicy, but I can smell the woody notes. I actually quite like it and I would purchase it for a partner (if I currently had one!).

You can buy it in 30ml (£55/$75), 50ml (£76/$100), 100ml (£110/$130) and it is available from; Valentino.com and Boots.com.

| I received this sample for FREE from Unknown |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...