Skip to main content

NABLA Coral Cutie Palette

I have always wanted to purchase a NABLA palette, but I was never sure of which one I wanted. I recently watched a NikkieTutorials video and she used this palette and I felt in love with it. It is smaller than the usual palettes that NABLA do.
The packaging is quite small and compact. It is made out of cardboard and it has a little weight to it. It has a lovely pink and coral design on the front, it almost looks like clouds, but it is mean’t to represent sea coral. It has a magnetic closing which you lift to reveal the inside of the palette. On the underside of the lid, there is a small mirror and the other side has six decently sized square eyeshadow pans. The pans are bigger than the ones in the larger NABLA eyeshadow palettes. The inside of the palette is nude pink and the shade names are printed in brown font. It is available for £21.00 ($24.00) from NablaCosmetics.com, Morphe.com and BeautyBay.com.
You get six 1.41g eyeshadows in Super Matte (SM), Metal Foil (MF), Fluid Metal (FM), Celestial (C) and Satin (S) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk

I Got You - magenta and coral duo-chrome (MF)
Red Shape - coppery fire red (S)
Anyway - deep espresso brown (SM)
Mandarin - pink-orange duo-chrome (C)
Feelings - coral pink (SM)
Coral Amber - coral amber with bronze reflects (FM)

The eyeshadows should be intensively pigmented and blend easily. The palette is vegan and cruelty free.

I am amazed to say that the super mattes are indeed super! It is the best matte formula I have experienced for a while, but there are only two of them. All of the shades feel buttery and soft and they swatch quite well. They can be a little dusty (kick back in pans), especially the mattes but they are extremely pigmented and finely milled, so it is expected a little. I didn’t notice any fall out on my face though. I do recommend that you use a primer/base and you shouldn’t pre-set the base as it will set as you apply the eyeshadows anyway. They are easy to blend and I find that the shades that are not matte are better applied with your finger and are more intense when wet. The only shade that I find disappointing is Mandarin, but only because I do not like formulas like the Celestial formula. These types of formulas look amazing and foiled in the pan, but it is like shiny grease on your finger. There isn’t really much colour pay off, but there is plenty of glitter. I managed to get the colour to show in my swatches, but it doesn’t really transfer to your eye. I hate it when brands use this type of formula in palettes, what’s wrong with your standard metallic foil formula? Also, the shade Red Shape loses it's red intensity a little throughout the day. Overall, I am impressed with this palette and all of the shades are beautiful. I would definitely recommend it and I am now looking a purchasing one of the full sized NABLA palettes.

| I purchased this palette for £21.00 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...