Skip to main content

Colourpop X Disney Mulan Palette

When I saw the packaging design and colour story of this palette, I knew I wanted it! I was initially hesitant because I wasn’t blown away by the first Colourpop Palette I tried (Main Squeeze), but I had heard that the neutral/bigger palettes are slightly better quality. Some bright colour shades can be hard to formulate, plus the mini nine pan palettes tend to be more monochromatic in colour story, which can be an issue if you want varied looks.
THE PACKAGING
The packaging is made out of red cardboard and it has a gold design all over it. The palette looks quite shiny and it appears that some of the design has a plastic covering over it. The palette name and branding is printed in gold and the shade names are printed on the back of the palette. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the inside of the palette. The circle eyeshadow pans are arranged on a black base with the shade names printed underneath them in red font. On the underside of the lid, where you would usually find a mirror, there is a sort of cartoon design of Mulan instead.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get fifteen 1.13g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Metallic (ME) and Foiled (F) finishes.
 
·         Collaboration with Disney
·         Inspired by the legendary Mulan
·         Limited Edition
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 14 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk

Imperial - nude taupe (M)
Strike A Match - icy champagne with bronze hints (F)
Be Swift - vibrant warm gold (F)*
Fighter - peachy beige (M)
Like A Girl - silver taupe (F)
Warrior - warm terracotta with silver/green/gold duo-chrome (ME)
Honor - cool deep brown (M)
Loyal - rich red with gold flex (F)
Brave - warm midtone brown with gold pearl (M)
Strength - rich terracotta (M)
True - cool blackened brown (M)
Undefeated - ruby red (ME)
Defiant - black with silver/gold pearl (M)
Guiding Spirit - deep red brown (M)
Legacy - chocolate brown with gold pearl (M)
 
The shades marked with an asterisk (*) are Pressed Pigments. According to USA Law, Pressed Pigments are not intended for use around the immediate eye area as they can cause temporary staining to the area of skin they are applied to.
 
MY THOUGHTS
·         Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always lay one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·         Pigmentation - The pigmentation was very decent to my surprise. Some of the matte shades are much richer than others. The pressed glitters are a bit gritty when you finger swatch them, they perform better when applied over glitter glue on your eye. They do have a base colour, so it isn’t just coloured glitter.
·         Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·         Blending - They do blend very nicely and seamlessly.
·         Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·         Fallout - I only noticed some from the pressed glitter shades. You need to be very careful when applying them and use a good tacky glitter glue. I recommend applying them with your finger.
 
I absolutely love the packaging design! It is quite unique and unlike a design Colourpop has had before. I really enjoy the colour story. The following shades do have a matte finish, but they have a few sparkles in them; Brave, Defiant and Legacy. These sparkle matte shades perform better than the actual matte shades. They are much richer in pigment. I think the shade Warrior is in the Supershock formula as it is very buttery. My favourite shades are Strike A Match, Be Swift and Brave. I can’t really think of a bad word to say about this palette. I am glad I got the chance to try it and I am now interested in trying more Colourpop Palettes, especially the newer releases.
 
You can purchase the Colourpop X Disney Mulan Palette for £18.00 ($22.00) exclusively from Colourpop.com.

| I purchased this palette for £30.00 from Depop.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Blogmas #17 | Christmas Wishlist 2013

It is Christmas Wishlist time! I haven’t really got much on my list this year and it is not really varied, definitely a beauty theme. To be honest, I’ve got everything I need and would want. Like most people, I would LOVE more money! 1. Soap & Glory Loved & Glossed™ Gift Set | £16 2. Paco Rabanne Lady Million 80ml Perfume | £65 3. Stila In The Light Palette | £25 4. CARGO Vintage Escape Palette | £35 5. Wilko Wild Print Storage Cases | £10 6. Lady GaGa 30ml Perfume | £24 7. Soap & Glory The Yule Monty™ Gift Set | £60 (£27 on 13 th Dec) Like I said last year, I will be sale shopping again on Boxing Day, so anything I don’t get as gifts I can buy myself at discounted prices! What would you like for Christmas? ♥ ♥ ♥