Skip to main content

LOOKFANTASTIC BEAUTY BOX #6 - October 2020

I was hoping to have posted about this last Thursday, but it took a while for my box to arrive. There was an issue with some people’s subscriptions and it mean’t some orders were not generated for existing subscribers. The issue was corrected and I have now received my box. Last month’s box was the Birthday Edition and this month we have the Retreat Edition with an indigo themed box. The six items inside the box should be worth over £58.00 altogether!

Here is what I received this month:-

GLOV Hair Wrap

| £14.99 |

This hair towel is made of from microfibres, which means it is gentler for your hair. I use a hair wrap towel every time I wash my hair, so this will come in very handy. I usually prefer darker colour towels as white ones look grubby after a while.

| Full Size - £14.99 |

ECOOKING Overnight Foot Cream

| 30ml - £8.10 |

This foot cream is supposed to remove dead skin as well as moisturise. It works best overnight and it is recommend that you wear socks over the cream. It contains Eucalyptus and Menthol to soothe and cool the skin. I received two little 15ml jars of the cream. The scent reminds me a lot of Vicks VapoRub. I’m not really into foot creams or body creams in general, although I do use hand cream, but I will give it ago. Luckily the 30ml amount came in two separate jars, so I can always give one away.

| Full Size: 100ml - £26.00 |

BY TERRY Baume De Rose Flaconnette

| 2.3g - £14.00 |

This lip balm is infused with shea butter, rose flower wax and Vitamin E. It should glide onto your lips and provide nourishment with a subtle shine. This was the September Sneak Peak item. I am into using a heavier lip product at night before bed. I use a light solid wax SPF lip balm during the day and then a thicker oil/cream based lip balm in the evening. I am excited to give this a go once I have finished up my Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte’s Magic Lip Oil Crystal Elixir.

| Full Size: 7ml - £32.50 |

BEAUTY PRO Eye Therapy Under Eye Mask

| 1 pair - £4.25 |

This eye mask is a soothing and cooling treatment to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and reduce dark circles and puffiness. I quite like eye masks and I can’t wait to give this one a go. Some BB subscribers may have received the STARSKIN Smoothing Bio-Cellulose Second Skin Eye Catcher Mask instead of this one.

| Full Size: 3 pairs - £4.95 |

Bubble T Earl Grey Bath Tea

| 100g - £5.99 |

These bath salts are supposed to relieve aches and pains whilst leaving you feeling relaxed. This is a limited edition blend in partnership with LookFantastic. I prefer showers to baths and I can’t actually remember the last time I had a bath! I will probably not use these salts, but I have heard very good things about bath salts in general.

| Full Size: 100g - £5.99 |

Balance Me Bakuchiol Serum

| 7ml - £11.00 |

This facial serum should provide anti-ageing benefits without sensitivity and irritation. It should also give you a smoother texture, enhanced collagen production and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The main ingredient, Bakuchiol is 100% plant based and is an alternative to retinol. I have tried a few different serums this year and I now have another one to test. I actually quite like testing them, but I haven’t re-purchased one I have tried yet though because there are so many interesting ones available, some are also highly expensive!

| Full Size: 30ml - £32.00 |

This was kind of a boring box for me, not really worth the extra wait for it. I am excited to try out a couple of the products, but I am just underwhelmed a little. I hope next month’s box is more exciting and I can’t wait to receive my Advent Calendar this month. My box this month was worth £58.33.

The Sneak Peak for November’s Box is that you should receive an 8ml tube of the NAOBAY Detox Oxygen Light Cream (worth £16.00).

| I purchased my subscription box for £15.00 from LookFantastic.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Book Bargain!

I was shopping today and saw that a local bookstore had a clearance sale and most of the books were £1 each and I saw a couple I liked the look of, but I knew I wouldn’t read them straight away and I already have quite a few books I need to read and as I was on my way out of the store I noticed......... ELIXIR a novel by Hilary Duff. I had been wanting this book for a couple of years, but I had never seen it in any book store, plus it was expensive online and I tend to only read a book once and then get rid of it, so for that reason I usually buy books off eBay. The teaser says, “A soulmate for life ... or death. Clea Raymond has felt the glare of the spotlight her entire life. The daughter of a renowned surgeon and a prominent politician, Clea takes refuge in her career as a photojournalist; hiding behind her camera lens. But following Clea’s father disappearance while on a humanitarian mission, Clea’s photos begin to feature eerie, shadowy images of a strange and beaut