Skip to main content

Serial Sampler #29

I received this mini in a recent LookFantastic Beauty Box and I thought I would give it a test and let you know what I think about it.

It is the Black Magic Mascara in Black by Eyeko and it is a 4ml mini of the full sized mascara.

This mascara is supposed to give your lashes drama and curl with an intense carbon black finish. The helix shaped brush should lift your lashes for a curl and definition.
I have heard good things about this mascara over the years and I just didn’t get around to buying and trying it. I’m happy to say that it does live up to the hype! It is very easy to apply wish the skinny wand and the brush is slightly curved to fit against your lashes. It is separating and it does make your lashes look more defined and not clumpy. Due to the separation and definition, it also gives you a lengthening effect. The volume is great and it is buildable to a point. The colour is very dark black which makes your lashes stand out. You also get the same effects on your lower lashes. I’m not sure if it helps curl your lashes exactly, as I always use eyelash curlers anyway. I wish it could offer more volume and be even darker in colour. I also wish that the effects were more prominent on the lower lashes. Overall, it is a great mascara and I would consider using it again in the future.

You can purchase the Full Size Tube (8ml) for £19.00 ($26.00) and Mini/Travel Size Tube (4ml) for £10.00 ($14.00) from Eyeko.com.

| I received this mini mascara in a LookFantastic Beauty Box |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...