Skip to main content

My 2014 New Year's Resolutions REVISITED!

Just over six years ago (Tuesday 31st December 2013), I attempted to do Blogmas for the first and last time and I recently remembered that I did a New Year’s Resolution post. I thought it would be interesting to look back it and see if I actually completed any of them. I technically did complete Blogmas in December 2020 as I posted every day, but I didn’t call it Blogmas.
 
My resolutions for 2014 were:
 
BEAUTY
·        Learn to do winged eyeliner
·        Get better at using eyeliner
·        Paint my nails more often
·        Declutter and minimise my collection
·        Use more products/use up more products
·        Hold a blog sale
·        Donate to GiveAndMakeUp
 
PERSONAL
·        Exercise more
·        Get in shape
·        Try more foods (Asparagus etc)
·        Re-decorate my bedroom
·        Get a helix piercing
·        Read more books
·        Blog more (3 posts a week)
 
I forgot what I actually had on my list until I looked back at it. It is safe to say that I did terrible as it is now six years later and some of them are still outstanding!
 
BEAUTY
·        Learn to do winged eyeliner - I still can’t do winged eyeliner, but I now wear false lashes which kind of makes winged eyeliner redundant, depending on how big and flared your lashes are.
·        Get better at using eyeliner - I am better at applying eyeliner. My choice is usually a pot cream/gel and I am quite quick at applying it, even with my left hand. But I still can’t do a wing, which is much harder with a pot cream/gel eyeliner.
·        Paint my nails more often - I don’t really ever paint them. I painted them a few times during the last year as my nails were in better shape after the first UK lockdown. I have minimised my nail polish collection quite a bit and I don’t really buy new ones.
·        Declutter and minimise my collection - I did tend to do yearly declutters and I tried to post about them. If I don’t like something now, I will generally declutter it straight away.
·        Use more products/use up more products - I definitely buy a lot more products, but I wouldn’t say I use more. I do use a lot more skincare items though now. I kind of use up more products, but I generally don’t buy back ups of products so there is less pressure to use up something and move on to something new.
·        Hold a blog sale - I did try to hold a blog sale in July 2016, but I didn’t really get any interest within the first couple of days so I took it down. In July 2020, I started using Depop and this is where I now sell any brand new/lightly used products I don’t want.
·        Donate to GiveAndMakeUp - When I did get around to denoting sometime in 2016, the centre stopped accepting donations for a time period and also shipping was no longer free, so I was unable to donate. There are no local to me charities that accept these types of products either. I now just sell unwanted items on Depop. Everything I sell is always in decent condition, so it isn’t like I would have to bin the items if I couldn’t donate them.
 
PERSONAL
·        Exercise more - I still don’t really exercise at all! I did walk to and from work and I walk up and down the stairs a lot, but that’s not really structured/purpose exercise.
·        Get in shape - As I haven’t exercised more, this means I haven’t got in shape either. I have lost quite a bit of weight through the pandemic lockdowns, which is a good way forward for me anyway. I feel a lot happier and my joints no longer feel as stiff as they did back in the beginning of March 2020. I have made more effort to cut out junk food which has also helped. I also feel better about maybe joining a gym in the future. The thought of this previously freaked me out due to my anxieties, but it’s the only thing that would massively push me towards getting in shape this side of the millennia! Going to the gym would also produce quicker results and it isn’t just for getting in shape. Once you are in shape, you can carry on for general fitness upkeep.
·        Try more foods (Asparagus etc) - I did try asparagus for the first time in 2019 and it is ok, but I don’t have it often. There are a lot more green vegetables that I love. I have also tried strawberries and tomatoes and I should have stuck to the gut feeling that I had all my life as predicted, I didn’t like them! To clarify, it is just an actual whole tomato I don’t like. Tomato sauces/soup is fine.
·        Re-decorate my bedroom - I did have my bedroom re-decorated in 2017 and it is fully kitted out with white Ikea furniture, which I now regret! I would like to re-decorate again, but I am saving my money as I was made redundant at the end of November and I want to buy my own house. I did also sign up to a Help to Buy scheme in 2019.
·        Get a helix piercing - I almost got the piercing during the first UK lockdown in 2020, as my sister bought some piercing bits online so she could do more piercings on her ears. I decided against it as I can’t sleep with earrings in as they hurt my ears (I don’t know why). I did however get a nose piercing (right side). I pierced it myself as both my mum and sister said they couldn’t do it. For health and safety reasons I wouldn’t recommend piercing yourself, but I didn’t have any problems. I used numbing cream, but I still felt the needle go through every layer of skin! After it healed I put in a nose ring, which is why I wanted it pierced in the first place. A stud isn’t satisfying enough for me. After having to buy all the piercing bits separately, it was still cheaper overall than going to a professional.
·        Read more books - I don’t read books at all, but I do read a lot of news articles online and I watch a hell of a lot more YouTube videos!
·        Blog more (3 posts a week) - I did manage this for a time and then I sort of lost the motivation. You can tell if you look at my previous posts count. As of March 2020, I have consistently posted twice a week, which is kind of my new schedule (Tuesdays and Thursdays). Some months there have been ‘bonus’ posts if something new came out and I wanted the post up right away. I also try to pre-schedule a lot of my posts if I can.
 
There’s a reason I didn’t previously make resolutions before the 2013 post and why I still don’t. I find it impossible to complete all of them and it just ends up making me feel bad. Don’t get me wrong, doing this provides motivation for some people to reach their goals, but evidently it doesn’t work for me!
 
Obviously, I am not making any resolutions for this coming year, but there are a couple of small goals, if you like, that I would like to work towards.
 
I would like to rain in my spending a bit. I am currently unemployed, but I would like to own a home in the future. Also, I tend to buy something and then if I don’t like it, I sell it on Depop, but you never get the money back you initially spent. I would like to only buy something if it is really necessary. I would also like to find the motivation to properly exercise and lose more weight and tone up. I would also obviously like to find a new job so I can continue earning money for my future. Lastly, I hope that we can eventually return to some sort of pre-pandemic normality. STAY SAFE!
 
Happy New Year and I hope this one is actually a good one!
 
| Click HERE to read my original post from 2014 |
 
| Click HERE
to have a look at my Depop |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi