Skip to main content

JUVIA'S PLACE The Warrior 3 Palette

This is the newest Juvia’s Place Palette I have tried. I’m not going to lie; it was the packaging design that sold me. The packaging for the palettes is always stunning and always reels you in before the colour story does! It appears that BeautyBay.com no longer stock this brand, but it looks like there will be a Juvia’s Place UK website at some point this year.
 
THE PACKAGING
The packaging is square shaped cardboard with bright blue, purple and pink colouring and a beautiful African woman design on the front. It has a magnetic closing and when the lid is lifted it reveals the nine eyeshadow pans on a bright sky blue background. The eyeshadow pans are very large circles and the shade names are written in white under each pan.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get nine 3.6g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M) and Shimmer (S) finishes.
 
·        Highly Pigmented
·        Vegan
·        Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Maasai - deep emerald green (M)
Nzinga - canary yellow (M)
Kahina - cerise pink (M)
Jarawa - fire engine red (M)*
Candace - vibrant violet (M)*
Fanti - bubblegum pink (M)*
Kongo - dodger blue (S)
Karama - slate grey blue (S)
Gola - cerulean blue (M)
 
The shades marked with an asterisk (*) are Pressed Pigments. According to USA Law, Pressed Pigments are not intended for use around the immediate eye area as they can cause temporary staining to the area of skin they are applied to.
 
MY THOUGHTS
·        Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always layer one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·        Pigmentation - The pigmentation is great.
·        Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·        Blending - They do blend quite well, it took a little work but only because the shades are so bright and you want them to look seamless when blended together.
·        Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·        Fallout - I only notice slight fallout with the Kongo shade. Applying a good tacky base can minimise this.
 
I absolutely love the packaging design and the colour story is very fun and festival looking. The overall formula is great, I’ve tried a few other Juvia’s Place Palettes and the formula is consistent. My favourite shades are Maasai and Kongo. The shade Nzinga doesn’t show up too well on my skin tone, so I had to keep layering it to get some colour payoff.  There’s also a shade in the Tribe Palette called Maasai, which is actually a bold lime green yellow shade. I’m not sure why they reused the shade name. I also wish that Karama was maybe a lilac, lavender or purple shimmer, just to add a little more variety as both shimmer shades are blue toned. I did sort of struggle for look inspiration as the shades are sort of opposing colours. I feel like for the shades that were included, maybe it should have been a larger palette with more shades, like a bigger festival edition. I did enjoy the quality of this palette, but sadly I will not get much use out of it.
 
You can purchase the JUVIA’S PLACE The Warrior 3 Palette for $20.00 exclusively from JuviasPlace.com.
 
| I purchased this palette for £19.96 from BeautyBay.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes 10 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

My Current Top 5 Beauty Influencers

The sort of purpose of the ‘Becca’s Babble’s’ posts are a way to get to know me a little, with me rambling on about topics that are not necessarily beauty or lifestyle related. I thought I would share my current top five favourite YouTube channels with you today and they all happen to be Beauty Influencers. I’m not actually sure how long I have been subscribed to any of the channels and I don’t know of a way to find out. In no particular order: Photo: © Property of Porcelain/Bridgette Porcelain Name: Bridgette   Age: 25   Based: United States of America (USA) Bridgette is the most consistent uploader and uploads the most per week out of all the Influencers I am subscribed to on YouTube. She does a lot of varied content and I really enjoy her videos (declutters, reviews). I feel like she is the only one whose videos I watch all of regardless of the content. Sometimes I skip others videos if they are not about something that interests me, but I feel like I have...