Skip to main content

JUVIA'S PLACE The Warrior 3 Palette

This is the newest Juvia’s Place Palette I have tried. I’m not going to lie; it was the packaging design that sold me. The packaging for the palettes is always stunning and always reels you in before the colour story does! It appears that BeautyBay.com no longer stock this brand, but it looks like there will be a Juvia’s Place UK website at some point this year.
 
THE PACKAGING
The packaging is square shaped cardboard with bright blue, purple and pink colouring and a beautiful African woman design on the front. It has a magnetic closing and when the lid is lifted it reveals the nine eyeshadow pans on a bright sky blue background. The eyeshadow pans are very large circles and the shade names are written in white under each pan.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get nine 3.6g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M) and Shimmer (S) finishes.
 
·        Highly Pigmented
·        Vegan
·        Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Maasai - deep emerald green (M)
Nzinga - canary yellow (M)
Kahina - cerise pink (M)
Jarawa - fire engine red (M)*
Candace - vibrant violet (M)*
Fanti - bubblegum pink (M)*
Kongo - dodger blue (S)
Karama - slate grey blue (S)
Gola - cerulean blue (M)
 
The shades marked with an asterisk (*) are Pressed Pigments. According to USA Law, Pressed Pigments are not intended for use around the immediate eye area as they can cause temporary staining to the area of skin they are applied to.
 
MY THOUGHTS
·        Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always layer one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·        Pigmentation - The pigmentation is great.
·        Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·        Blending - They do blend quite well, it took a little work but only because the shades are so bright and you want them to look seamless when blended together.
·        Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·        Fallout - I only notice slight fallout with the Kongo shade. Applying a good tacky base can minimise this.
 
I absolutely love the packaging design and the colour story is very fun and festival looking. The overall formula is great, I’ve tried a few other Juvia’s Place Palettes and the formula is consistent. My favourite shades are Maasai and Kongo. The shade Nzinga doesn’t show up too well on my skin tone, so I had to keep layering it to get some colour payoff.  There’s also a shade in the Tribe Palette called Maasai, which is actually a bold lime green yellow shade. I’m not sure why they reused the shade name. I also wish that Karama was maybe a lilac, lavender or purple shimmer, just to add a little more variety as both shimmer shades are blue toned. I did sort of struggle for look inspiration as the shades are sort of opposing colours. I feel like for the shades that were included, maybe it should have been a larger palette with more shades, like a bigger festival edition. I did enjoy the quality of this palette, but sadly I will not get much use out of it.
 
You can purchase the JUVIA’S PLACE The Warrior 3 Palette for $20.00 exclusively from JuviasPlace.com.
 
| I purchased this palette for £19.96 from BeautyBay.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes 10 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi