Skip to main content

Serial Sampler #34

I’ve had this sample for a while now and I’ve only just decided to test it. I also have another sample of a spin-off scent from the same fragrance line, which I will post soon.
 
It is Candy by PRADA and it is a 1.5ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum.
 
“Prada Candy combines exceptionally high-quality ingredients in excessive proportions. Magnified by musks, noble benzoin comes together with a modern caramel accord to give the fragrance a truly unique signature”

Launched: 2011
 
Type: Oriental Vanilla

Notes
Top: Caramel.
Middle: Musk and Powder.
Base: Benzoin and Vanilla.
I wasn’t expecting to like this fragrance when I looked at the notes and I was right! It smells kind of woody (burnt wood) and like celery. It is most definitely a spicy oriental scent and it is not me at all. It is quite strong, but it isn’t overpowering. I would say it is a unisex scent as it isn’t sweet. With a name like Candy, I was expecting some sweetness. There is the Caramel note which is obviously mean’t to represent candy, but I don’t think it adds a sweetness at all, I would say it adds to the woody scent more. I definitely won’t be picking up a bottle of this scent.
 
You can purchase the PRADA Candy Eau De Parfum in 30ml (£55.00), 50ml (£70.00) and 80ml (£90.00) from Prada.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...