Skip to main content

Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts Palette

I first saw this palette online last year and there was no way of me purchasing it, plus it was limited edition. I just loved the name of the palette and the eyeshadows looked beautiful. I was on Facebook not so long ago and I came across a BeautyBay advertisement that showed this palette and it said now back in stock and permanent. I bought it without hesitation! I didn’t even know that BeautyBay stocked Coloured Raine products. I was looking at getting the HUDA BEAUTY Desert Dusk Palette, but it is quite expensive and it has a few similar shades to the Queen of Hearts Palette, so I don’t think I will bother purchasing it now I have this beauty.
The packaging is very simple and elegant. It is a matte black, thin rectangular shape with gold detailing. It has a magnetic closing which you just lift up to reveal the palette. There is a small mirror surrounded by reflective gold covering. The twelve eyeshadow pans are decently spread apart (they could be closer together to waste less space though).The shade names are clearly printed under each pan.
You get twelve 1.5g eyeshadows in matte and foil finishes.

CROWN - pearlescent white with gold undertones
ROYAL HIGHNESS - metallic purple-toned taupe
YOUR MAJESTY - rich metallic copper with gold reflect
PRINCESS - matte blushed pink
EMPRESS - vibrant matte orange
QUEEN MOTHER - metallic plum with lavender hues
HEIR - matte peach
NOBLEWOMAN - metallic burgundy with purple undertones
ROYAL PREROGATIVE - terracotta
LADYSHIP - matte vivid purple
DUCHESS - matte milk chocolate brown
DETHRONE - sparkling expresso with gold reflect
There are not really any claims for this palette, but it is mostly cruelty free. The description on ColouredRaine’s website does state that the eyeshadow shade Ladyship contains an ingredient called Carmine. This palette is also supposed to be good for creating various day to night looks.
I like the packaging, but the real treasure is inside. The eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and so buttery soft! They blend like a dream and each shade is just gorgeous. They are not particularly powdery, but I always tap my brush off. It is described as being cruelty free, but it depends on how strong your vegan values are. The shade Ladyship contains an ingredient called Carmine, which is a centuries old formula pigment produced from the Cochineal, which is actually a scale insect, but it is described as being more of a sessile parasite, therefore this shade is technically not cruelty free. Some people would argue that the palette is not vegan because that one shade could taint the other ones. I am not vegan, but I am against cruelty to animals. I personally see the Cochineal as a parasite, therefore my conscience is clear. With all of the advances with technology now, most products are 100% vegan, so I’m not sure why Carmine was used for that one shade. I can only assume it is because it is a rich pigment and it is hard to get the same results artificially. I am so happy that I got this palette and I can’t wait to experiment with it more. My favourite shades are Queen Mother, Royal Highness and Noblewoman. I am mostly attracted to the foil shades.

Price - £45.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - ColouredRaine.com, BeautyBay.com

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥