Skip to main content

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did.
The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan.

You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade.
STAR LIGHT - platinum
BIKINI - champagne pink
SKINNY DIP - champagne gold
TAN LINES - antique bronze
MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe
MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze

The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and crease-resistant. They should also layer together perfectly or look great for just an accent colour. The palette is also paraben free, sulphate free, phthalate free and dermatologist tested.

These eyeshadows are amazing! They are extremely pigmented and foiled. They are also really soft, buttery and the consistency is not thin so they last for ages on your eyes. I always recommend using eye primer and I would recommend that you do your base make-up after applying these as there are a lot of fall out glitters with these shades. You can apply them wet, you don’t need to but it might help with the fall out. I find that using a stiff synthetic brush applies them better. I tried using a regular eyeshadow brush and the bristles were just too soft to pick up the pigment. I used the Sigma Short Shader - E20 brush to apply the Star Light shade to my inner corners and it looked absolutely and incredibly stunning! Star Light is definitely my favourite shade! I can’t stress enough how much I love and recommend this palette. I wouldn’t say it is for everyday casual use, but it sure is a treat to wear for special occasions. This palette is out of this world!

Price - £35.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - BeautyBay.com, JouerCosmetics.com

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥