Skip to main content

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume.

When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price!

I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You.
Photo Source: Perfume.com
Stunning by Katie Price
·         Released in 2007 (12 years ago).
·         Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli.
·         Classed as a floral scent.
·         Marketed as an adult’s fragrance.
·         Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You would have to smell them both to identify them as a dupe for each other.
Photo Source: Perfume-Click.co.uk
Be You by JoJo Siwa
·         Released in 2018 as a brand new fragrance.
·         Contains the notes; Peach, Lemon, Orange, Iris, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Patchouli, Amber, Musk & Vanilla.
·         Classed as a floral scent.
·         Marketed as a children’s fragrance.
As you can see from the photos, the bottles and liquid are identical. Be You could just be a dupe, but you generally don’t copy the whole product when duping it. You are supposed to make it look different, so that it is not mistaken as the original for copyright purposes. I know the notes are not completely identical, but you would get a similar scent with the matching notes. I am yet to actually smell Be You, because I haven’t seen it in any of my local shops to be able to test it. I’m not purchasing a full sized bottle from AllBeauty.com just for this purpose. My gut feeling is that it will smell the same as Stunning.

I have seen and heard of brands duping well known products before, but they generally make them look different to avoid legal proceedings and copyright claims. It looks like the only thing splitting the two perfumes above, is the engraving around the neck of the bottle and the outer cardboard packaging. A Stunning fan like myself would easily identify the Be You perfume as actually being Stunning without smelling it.

Another possibility is that the Stunning perfume may not actually belong to Katie Price. It may have been created for her by a fragrance company and she may have been paid to promote it as her own. This isn’t illegal and the company would be well within their rights to then re-brand the scent years later and re-release it. If this is the case and they are now using JoJo Siwa to sell the scent, I find it strange because Stunning is a well-known scent (in the UK anyway) and it is widely associated with Katie Price. Katie herself could have owned the scent and then sold the rights on. If you were going to do this, you wouldn’t pick something so obvious. Twelve years is not that long for a popular product. Also, Stunning is a grown up sexy scent, but Be You is marketed for children!

Do you think JoJo Siwa has ripped off Katie Price’s perfume or do you think it is a standard perfume that celebrities are paid to promote and pretend it is their own creation?

I have reached out to Katie Price and JoJo Siwa regarding “their” perfumes, but I am yet to receive an acknowledgment or reply from both parties. I will do a follow up post on this if needed, but I don’t think I will get an answer. To cure my curiosity I might purchase Be You after all!

Comments

  1. Did you try out the jojo siwa one? Need to know if it’s the same smell x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! If anyone knows please do let us know

      Delete
  2. I think I’m going to go for it and order the jojo to see x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop whoop - my jojo As just arrived and it is indeed katie prices stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...