Skip to main content

Colourpop Main Squeeze Palette

I have known about Colourpop for a very long time, but there isn’t currently a stockist for them in the UK. They have released quite a few of these small one colour inspired palettes and if they were readily available in the UK, I would probably own all of them as they are inexpensive and look cute.

I came across a reputable reseller on eBay and decided to pick up a palette to try it out. The reseller purchases the items from the official brands websites and then resells them on eBay for profit. There were two palettes I was interested in the most and it was this one and the Orange You Glad?. The Orange You Glad? wasn’t available and I think it is quite a new release and with the pandemic going on at the moment, I am guessing the reseller isn’t able to get that one for the time being.
You can purchase the products directly from the Colourpop website and they do ship to the UK, but you have to spend $50.00 plus to get free shipping and then you are risking the custom fees. Some customers have said that they didn’t get charged custom fees, but I didn’t want to risk it. I didn’t mind spending a little more money on one palette. If I was seriously considering purchasing $50.00 worth at once, then I would risk the custom fees as it would still be cheaper than purchasing all of the items from resellers.
The packaging is quite small and compact. It is made out of red plastic and it has a rose gold design on the front with the brand and palette name. It has a catch opening which you lift up to reveal a mirror and the nine eyeshadow pans, which are set inside a light pink base. You can purchase it for $12.00 (£9.70) from Colourpop.com.

You get nine 1g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes 10 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
Frosé - coral red (M)
Juicy Fruit - coral with a gold flip (ME)
Home Slice - strawberry red (ME)
Like It’s Hot - true red (M)
Maraschino - red with a gold flip (ME)
Big Gulp - burnt coral red (M)
Seed Money - red brown (M)
Bay Watch - red bronze (ME)
Red Bottoms - red plum (M)

The following shades are Pressed Pigments and are not intended for use around the immediate eye area; Home Slice and Like It’s Hot.

The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, apply evenly and be velvety soft. They should also be a long wearing and blend smoothly and evenly. The palette is cruelty-free, but not vegan (contains Carmine).

The packaging is very cute and I like that it is compact and the mirror is still a decent size. The eyeshadows look beautiful and the pigmentation is amazing considering the price of the palette. They do apply evenly and blend easily. I recommend using an eye primer or base so that the powders stick to the eye better. These are the best drugstore sort of eyeshadows I have tried for a while. The point of these little colour palettes is that some of the shades might be similar, so I did find that the looks I created with it did all look quite similar, especially if you don’t use the ‘Juicy Fruit‘ shade. The shade ‘Like It’s Hot’ is described as a true red matte, but once blended out it looks more hot pink. Overall, I really enjoyed using this palette and I would recommend it, but I’m not sure if I would purchase any more of the nine pan palettes by Colourpop. I like bigger palettes better because there’s more choice of shades to be able to create a variety of looks. This would make a great travel palette though, especially if you know you want a red berry toned look.

| I purchased this palette for £19.95 from eBay.co.uk/Fluffelia_Beauty |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥