Skip to main content

Colourpop Main Squeeze Palette

I have known about Colourpop for a very long time, but there isn’t currently a stockist for them in the UK. They have released quite a few of these small one colour inspired palettes and if they were readily available in the UK, I would probably own all of them as they are inexpensive and look cute.

I came across a reputable reseller on eBay and decided to pick up a palette to try it out. The reseller purchases the items from the official brands websites and then resells them on eBay for profit. There were two palettes I was interested in the most and it was this one and the Orange You Glad?. The Orange You Glad? wasn’t available and I think it is quite a new release and with the pandemic going on at the moment, I am guessing the reseller isn’t able to get that one for the time being.
You can purchase the products directly from the Colourpop website and they do ship to the UK, but you have to spend $50.00 plus to get free shipping and then you are risking the custom fees. Some customers have said that they didn’t get charged custom fees, but I didn’t want to risk it. I didn’t mind spending a little more money on one palette. If I was seriously considering purchasing $50.00 worth at once, then I would risk the custom fees as it would still be cheaper than purchasing all of the items from resellers.
The packaging is quite small and compact. It is made out of red plastic and it has a rose gold design on the front with the brand and palette name. It has a catch opening which you lift up to reveal a mirror and the nine eyeshadow pans, which are set inside a light pink base. You can purchase it for $12.00 (£9.70) from Colourpop.com.

You get nine 1g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes 10 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
Frosé - coral red (M)
Juicy Fruit - coral with a gold flip (ME)
Home Slice - strawberry red (ME)
Like It’s Hot - true red (M)
Maraschino - red with a gold flip (ME)
Big Gulp - burnt coral red (M)
Seed Money - red brown (M)
Bay Watch - red bronze (ME)
Red Bottoms - red plum (M)

The following shades are Pressed Pigments and are not intended for use around the immediate eye area; Home Slice and Like It’s Hot.

The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, apply evenly and be velvety soft. They should also be a long wearing and blend smoothly and evenly. The palette is cruelty-free, but not vegan (contains Carmine).

The packaging is very cute and I like that it is compact and the mirror is still a decent size. The eyeshadows look beautiful and the pigmentation is amazing considering the price of the palette. They do apply evenly and blend easily. I recommend using an eye primer or base so that the powders stick to the eye better. These are the best drugstore sort of eyeshadows I have tried for a while. The point of these little colour palettes is that some of the shades might be similar, so I did find that the looks I created with it did all look quite similar, especially if you don’t use the ‘Juicy Fruit‘ shade. The shade ‘Like It’s Hot’ is described as a true red matte, but once blended out it looks more hot pink. Overall, I really enjoyed using this palette and I would recommend it, but I’m not sure if I would purchase any more of the nine pan palettes by Colourpop. I like bigger palettes better because there’s more choice of shades to be able to create a variety of looks. This would make a great travel palette though, especially if you know you want a red berry toned look.

| I purchased this palette for £19.95 from eBay.co.uk/Fluffelia_Beauty |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Book Bargain!

I was shopping today and saw that a local bookstore had a clearance sale and most of the books were £1 each and I saw a couple I liked the look of, but I knew I wouldn’t read them straight away and I already have quite a few books I need to read and as I was on my way out of the store I noticed......... ELIXIR a novel by Hilary Duff. I had been wanting this book for a couple of years, but I had never seen it in any book store, plus it was expensive online and I tend to only read a book once and then get rid of it, so for that reason I usually buy books off eBay. The teaser says, “A soulmate for life ... or death. Clea Raymond has felt the glare of the spotlight her entire life. The daughter of a renowned surgeon and a prominent politician, Clea takes refuge in her career as a photojournalist; hiding behind her camera lens. But following Clea’s father disappearance while on a humanitarian mission, Clea’s photos begin to feature eerie, shadowy images of a strange and beaut