Skip to main content

Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipsticks in Old Flame & Camp Fire

I decided to buy these and give them ago after hearing good things about them online, there is also a great shade selection. My current favourite lipsticks are the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks and I wanted to see how these DOC ones would compare.
Old Flame - warm rusty orange
Camp Fire - burnt sienna
These creamy matte liquid lipsticks are mean’t to be rich in colour, long wearing and dry down to a velvety, comfortable and matte finish. You should exfoliate your lips prior to application and avoid consuming oily/greasy foods once applied. You can purchase them for £18.00 ($18.00) each from DoseofColors.com and BeautyBay.com. They are also cruelty-free and vegan.
My First Impressions
The packaging is like the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks and the actual formula of the DOC liquid lipsticks kind of reminds me of the JSC ones too. The formula is more of a cream rather than liquid, unlike the JSC’s ones. The formula comes out kind of thick on the applicator (a little messy), but it is easy to apply to the lips and I only really needed the one coat. The Camp Fire shade does smell really strong. I’m not sure if it is mean’t to smell like that because Old Flame has a floral cosmetic sort of scent and Camp Fire doesn’t smell like that. The scent has put me off that shade a little. Both shades are stunning, but I do lean more towards Old Flame as it is not as much as a statement colour for me and it doesn’t smell bad. They don’t take too long to dry and they do completely dry down matte. You can’t really feel that you are wearing them. I’m not sure how long wearing they are exactly as I am yet to test that, but I did wear Old Flame for a couple of hours before taking it off and it still looked great. It was a little hard to remove using just water and a face cloth. I think I still prefer the JSC liquid lipsticks as they are more on the liquid side, but I would consider purchasing more shades in the DOC ones.

| I purchased these lipsticks for £16.00 each from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Blogmas #17 | Christmas Wishlist 2013

It is Christmas Wishlist time! I haven’t really got much on my list this year and it is not really varied, definitely a beauty theme. To be honest, I’ve got everything I need and would want. Like most people, I would LOVE more money! 1. Soap & Glory Loved & Glossed™ Gift Set | £16 2. Paco Rabanne Lady Million 80ml Perfume | £65 3. Stila In The Light Palette | £25 4. CARGO Vintage Escape Palette | £35 5. Wilko Wild Print Storage Cases | £10 6. Lady GaGa 30ml Perfume | £24 7. Soap & Glory The Yule Monty™ Gift Set | £60 (£27 on 13 th Dec) Like I said last year, I will be sale shopping again on Boxing Day, so anything I don’t get as gifts I can buy myself at discounted prices! What would you like for Christmas? ♥ ♥ ♥