Skip to main content

Perfume Power! - DKNY 'Stories'

I’ve had this perfume for a while now and I originally bought it as part of a gift set during the Christmas sales.

The bottle is made of clear glass and it is hexagonal shaped. I believe the bottle is supposed to look like a New York skyscraper. The neck of the bottle has a thick metallic ring around it, with DKNY printed around it. On top of the ring sits the metallic cylindrical cap, which lifts off to reveal a spritzer which you press down to dispense the scent. You can purchase it in 30ml (£43.50), 50ml (£59.50) and 100ml (£79.50/$98.00) from DonnaKaran.com and Boots.com.

The fragrance notes are:-

Top Notes: Guava, Milk Mousse, Pink Pepper & Black Cardamom
Middle Notes: Jasmine Sambac, Iris & White Tea
Base Notes: Vanilla, White Sandalwood & Ambergris

I like bottle design; it is simple but beautifully elegant. It is quite a strong scent, so it will last a very long time on your skin. The scent is divine! It is quite a mature scent compared to my usual tastes, but it still smells really sparkling. It is definitely a floral scent, but there are just enough non-floral notes to tone it down so it doesn’t smell like a really mature floral scent. I can really smell the pink pepper, jasmine sambac, vanilla and white sandalwood notes. It is one of my favourite perfumes and I highly recommend you give it a sniff. I will definitely look at buying the 100ml bottle when I have finished this 30ml one.

| I purchased this perfume for £28.98 from Boots.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥