Skip to main content

Natasha Denona Cranberry Palette

This palette has been around for ages and I always loved the look of it. I finally decided to pick it up. I did use a £5.00 off voucher on my order.
The packaging is made of plastic and it has a long and thin rectangular shape. The base is white and the lid is clear, so that you can see the eyeshadows. It has the logo in white font printed on the bottom right corner. The lid just lifts up to reveal the shades. The pins that attach the lid to the base are tightened, which gives you a pressure opening/closing, instead of having a magnet or clip. You can purchase it for £41.00 ($48.00) from NatashaDenona.com or FeelUnique.com.

You get five 2.5g eyeshadows in Semi Matte (SM), Satin (S) and Metallic (ME) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
DAISY - medium pink with warm undertones and glitters (ME)
SAKURA - medium red with warm undertones (SM)
BOTANIC - duo-chrome medium orange with yellow undertones (ME)
BLOSSOM - rich berry with cool undertones (S)
NUDE - golden peach with warm undertones and sparkles (ME)

These eyeshadows should be soft and buttery, blend seamlessly, and be long lasting and ultra-pigmented. The palette is cruelty free, but not vegan as some of the shades contain Carmine.

The packaging is simple and clean cut, but I wish the opening/closing was different. It doesn’t quite feel secure enough and after a lot of use, the pins could become loose and there would be less pressure on the opening/closing, which means the lid could just flap about. The colour story is very attractive to me. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and Sakura does blend very nicely, but Blossom is a little patchy. The metallic shades are stunning and they are my favourites of the palette. I would recommend eye primer and glitter glue. You can use the metallic eyeshadows wet for a more intense look. You can also apply them with your finger or a stiff flat synthetic brush. There is obviously a little kick-back in the eyeshadows pans, but I didn’t notice any fallout. I did enjoy this palette, but there are only so many looks you can do as there are only two sort of matte shades and one of them is patchy. I kind of wish Natasha Denona would release a Cranberry Mini Palette (15 shades). That way you would get this colour story and I would include these metallic shades, but just do better with choosing mattes and include more of them. I think her bigger palettes are probably better quality than these five shade ones. It is a nice palette, but I would save your money and get a mini palette (15 shades) instead. New colour themes of them will be added over time, which I cannot wait for!

| I purchased this palette for £36.00 from FeelUnique.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Blogmas #17 | Christmas Wishlist 2013

It is Christmas Wishlist time! I haven’t really got much on my list this year and it is not really varied, definitely a beauty theme. To be honest, I’ve got everything I need and would want. Like most people, I would LOVE more money! 1. Soap & Glory Loved & Glossed™ Gift Set | £16 2. Paco Rabanne Lady Million 80ml Perfume | £65 3. Stila In The Light Palette | £25 4. CARGO Vintage Escape Palette | £35 5. Wilko Wild Print Storage Cases | £10 6. Lady GaGa 30ml Perfume | £24 7. Soap & Glory The Yule Monty™ Gift Set | £60 (£27 on 13 th Dec) Like I said last year, I will be sale shopping again on Boxing Day, so anything I don’t get as gifts I can buy myself at discounted prices! What would you like for Christmas? ♥ ♥ ♥