Skip to main content

Serial Sampler #19

I have a mascara mini/sample to share with you today. I actually purchased it myself and I bought the mini just in case I didn’t like it, and I also have a lot of other mascaras that need using up anyway.

It is BADgal BANG! by Benefit and it is a 4g mini of the full sized mascara (8.5g).

It is described as being smudge-proof, water resistant, lifting, lengthening and volume building. The mascara is cruelty-free, but not vegan (contains Beeswax).
I have previously used the original BADgal Mascara by Benefit and this one is quite different. I remember BADgal being very dark, wet and kind of clumpy, but BADgal BANG! is definitely an improvement. The brush is skinny and kind of arrow shaped, which is perfect for getting your very inner corner lashes and your lower lashes. It definitely lifts, lengthens and separates your lashes, but the volume is not the best. The volume is workable and the formula isn’t clumpy so you can apply more than one layer to build more volume. The colour is very black. I’m not sure if it is really smudge-proof because if you rub your eyes (when the mascara is dry), the mascara will smudge and flake a little. I haven’t tried the water resistant claim, but I imagine that if you douse your face with water it could probably run down your face as it isn’t actually waterproof, but if you get caught in a bit of rain you should be ok. It doesn’t run or smudge when you apply setting spray. Overall, I do quite like this mascara. I have tried better, but I would still consider re-purchasing it in the full size.

You can buy the full sized tube for £22.50 ($25.00) and it is available for purchase from; BenefitCosmetics.co.uk and BenefitCosmetics.com.

| I purchased this mini mascara for £12.00 from BenefitCosmetics.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥