Skip to main content

Discontinued Products I Want Back!

Don’t you just hate it when a brand discontinues your favourite product? Well, I certainly do! I thought I would share with you the products I wish weren’t discontinued. I have re-used some of my old photos for the products, I apologise for the quality. Here are the ten discontinued products I could think of so far:-
 Avril Lavigne Black Star Eau de Parfum
This perfume was launched way back in 2009 and it is still one of my favourites to this day. I haven’t actually smelled anything like it. The notes are; Black Currant, Mango, Pear, Jasmine, Lotus, Hibiscus, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanille and Mexican Chocolate. It was discontinued a few years ago, I’m not exactly sure when. I remember last seeing it for sale around 2013-2015. I don’t know why it was discontinued because it was a stunning fragrance. I used up my last bottle around two years ago and I am so sad it is no longer available. You can still find old bottles of it on eBay but bottles are being advertised for £100.00+! I recently saw a 15ml bottle advertised for £40.00, which is a complete rip-off in my opinion. I did come across an auction for a 50ml unused bottle, but I lost it with one second to go! You can imagine how peeved I was at losing it and it only sold for less than £30.00! My luck did change and I came across an unused 100ml bottle from a reputable seller and I did purchase it. It’s been so long since I last smelled it, so I can barely remember what it smells like from memory, but I know I would instantly recognise it again if I smelled it and wasn’t told what it was.
Photo: CaliforniaPerfumes.com
Hilary Duff With Love Eau de Parfum
This perfume was first launched in 2006 and then Hilary Duff’s song With Love was released in 2007. It is described as being an oriental spicy scent with notes such as; Spices, Mangosteen, Cocobolo, Mangosteen Blossom, Amber and Musk. This is also one of my favourite perfumes and it is very different to Black Star. Again, I can barely remember what it smells like from memory but I would recognise it straight away if it was sprayed near me. I’m not sure when this was discontinued or why, but I think it was discontinued before Black Star was. I’ve had a search on eBay and there are not really many results, sadly it’s probably about extinct now. I used up my last bottle two to three years ago. I miss it so much!
Photo: Perfume.com
Katie Price Stunning Eau de Parfum
This floral perfume was launched in 2007 and it contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine and Patchouli. I can just about remember how this perfume smells from memory, but it is fading. I’m not sure when it was discontinued or why. I can’t remember when I used up my last bottle, but at a guess probably two to four years ago. I think Be You by JoJo Siwa is the same fragrance (released 2018). The bottle and notes are identical, so I don’t think it is a simple dupe. Katie may not have owned the fragrance, so whoever did could have sold the rights to JoJo. This perfume did smell stunning!
Impulse Goddess Body Fragrance
This was quite an old body spray scent, but it was sadly discontinued in 2012. It is still one of my favourite Impulse scents and I still can’t believe they discontinued it. It was described as being an exotic oriental scent with citrus notes; Citrus, Jasmine, Gardenia and Pear. I think I finished my last can of it in 2013.
Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum’ Express Mascara
This is one of my all-time favourite drugstore mascaras. It has a gel mousse formula and a pointed barrel shaped bristle brush wand. The brush was kind of flexible and very easy to apply to your lashes. It gave you a bold, defined, separated, voluminous, clump-free and smudge-proof look. This mascara is only discontinued in the UK, I believe it is still available in the USA, which is so not fair!
Maybelline One by One Volum’ Express Mascara
This used to be my number one drugstore mascara and I went through several tubes of it over the years, but The Mega Plush is even better in my opinion. The brush was made of rubber and had rubber bristles. It gave you a soft, voluminous, bold, defined, separated, long and clump-free look. This mascara is only discontinued in the UK, I believe it is still available in the USA.
Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara
This is also one of my all-time favourite drugstore mascaras. It had a curved cylinder shaped bristle brush wand. It gave you a voluminous, long, curly, bold and smudge-proof look. I believe this mascara has been discontinued for a few years now, but the Define-A-Lash Lengthening mascara is still available in the USA.
BeautyLish.com
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Nathan
This liquid lipstick was released as part of The Star Family Collection in 2017. It is a peachy terracotta nude matte shade and it is one of my favourite shades ever. I already have a back-up of it. I’m not sure if it was mean’t to be a permanent shade anyway, but I wish it was still available as it is perfect! I’m not 100% certain that this shade has been discontinued, but Jeffree and Nathan did break up at the beginning of this year (2020) and I can’t find it for sale anywhere now. I am hoping it is re-released in the regular JSC VLL packaging and maybe the name could be changed if that is an issue.
BeautyLish.com
Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Daddy
This liquid lipstick was released as part of the Manny MUA Collection in early 2017. It is a cool toned medium brown matte shade. I never got the chance to actually pick this shade up as it was sold out, but I wish so badly that I had! It was discontinued after all of the stock was sold as Jeffree and Manny are no longer friends as of late 2017. I’m not sure if it was mean’t to be a permanent shade, but the highlighter that was also part of the collection was still on sale way after the friendship break-up. Like the Nathan shade, I am hoping it is re-released in the regular JSC VLL packaging and maybe the name could be changed if that is an issue.
Photo: Gemmaetc.com
MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Rubenesque
I remember that when I first started watching Beauty Influencers/Gurus on YouTube, they all seemed to have this product and I wanted it so badly. It is a metallic peach shade and it is beautiful. I first purchased it in 2011 and I actually still have it, but there isn’t much left as I used to wear it every day to work. It probably isn’t very sanitary to still keep or use it, but I have used it this year (2020) and it still performed and looked great. I’m not sure when this shade was discontinued or why as it was a cult classic, but it is no longer listed on the MAC UK website (I first noticed it missing late 2019).

Please let me know in the comments section if you know of any confirmed dupes for the above products. I would be very interested in trying some.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi