Skip to main content

Anastasia Beverly Hills Riviera Palette

This palette has been around for a while now and I always thought it looked stunning, but I just didn’t buy it. I recently decluttered my make-up collection and I allowed myself to get this palette (I almost bought the Amrezy one instead). I didn’t know it was still available and I found it purely by chance. I thought when it was first released it was classed as a limited edition product!
The packaging is the usual ABH slim rectangle shape and it is wrapped in a sort of sparkly blue and white striped denim material. The palette and brad names are printed in a sparkly gold font. The palette has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the inside of the palette. There is a small mirror and the square eyeshadow pans are spread out across a metallic azure blue base, with the shade names printed in a small gold font. You can purchase this palette for £46.00 ($57.00) from AnastasiaBeverlyHills.co.uk, AnastasiaBeverlyHills.com and FeelUnique.com.

You get fourteen 0.73g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Metallic (ME) and Duo-Chrome (DC) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 14 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
Sails - white (M)
Yacht - mauvy taupe with violet shift (DC)
Seychelles - aquamarine blue (ME)
Palermo - jewel pink (ME)
Seaside - silver with subtle blue shift (DC)
Inheritance - true gold (ME)
Mediterranean - sky blue (ME)
Estate - soft pastel peachy pink (M)
Cabana - muted birch mustard (M)
Coastline - pastel soft peach (M)
Bahamas - bright bold candy hot pink (M)
Monte Carlo - cool mid-tone pink (M)
Cannes - bright violet purple (M)
Palm - dark chocolate brown (M)

The following shades are Pressed Pigments and are not intended for use around the immediate eye area; Bahamas, Cannes and Palm. Pressed pigments can cause temporary staining to the area of skin they are applied to.

You also get a dual ended eyeshadow brush; A12 Small Contour Brush and A3 Firm Shader Brush.

There are not really any claims for this palette, but I am expecting the shades to be vibrant and extremely pigmented. I am also expecting them to blend easily. There should be some kick back in the eyeshadow pans, but I am not expecting lots of fallout on my face. The palette is cruelty-free, but not vegan (contains Carmine).
I do like the packaging design; it is very French beachy looking. The colour story is bright, but beautiful. The dual-ended brush works ok, but the A12 Small Contour side is a little scratchy on the eye. I always recommend eye primer and glitter glue. Metallic/shimmer shades should be worn wet, applied with your finger or a stiff flat synthetic brush. The eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and they do blend like a dream. You of course get a little kick-back in the pans, but you may get fall out with the metallic shades if your primer/glue/base isn’t tacky enough. I really love the metallic shades in this palette. The formula is very buttery and almost cream like. I’m not overly interested in the matte shades as they are a little random colour wise (for me anyway). The metallic shades are just so saturated with colour and shine. They almost look molten on your eyes. I find they are better applied with your finger and over glitter glue. I don’t feel the need to wet them as the texture is already almost wet/creamy feeling. I’m glad I got this palette, but I only really see myself using the metallic shades. I just feel I am not creative enough to make use of the limited matte shades. I do recommend this palette though, especially if you are into bright metallic shades.

| I purchased this palette for £41.00 from FeelUnique.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥