Skip to main content

Anastasia Beverly Hills Riviera Palette

This palette has been around for a while now and I always thought it looked stunning, but I just didn’t buy it. I recently decluttered my make-up collection and I allowed myself to get this palette (I almost bought the Amrezy one instead). I didn’t know it was still available and I found it purely by chance. I thought when it was first released it was classed as a limited edition product!
The packaging is the usual ABH slim rectangle shape and it is wrapped in a sort of sparkly blue and white striped denim material. The palette and brad names are printed in a sparkly gold font. The palette has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the inside of the palette. There is a small mirror and the square eyeshadow pans are spread out across a metallic azure blue base, with the shade names printed in a small gold font. You can purchase this palette for £46.00 ($57.00) from AnastasiaBeverlyHills.co.uk, AnastasiaBeverlyHills.com and FeelUnique.com.

You get fourteen 0.73g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Metallic (ME) and Duo-Chrome (DC) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 14 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
Sails - white (M)
Yacht - mauvy taupe with violet shift (DC)
Seychelles - aquamarine blue (ME)
Palermo - jewel pink (ME)
Seaside - silver with subtle blue shift (DC)
Inheritance - true gold (ME)
Mediterranean - sky blue (ME)
Estate - soft pastel peachy pink (M)
Cabana - muted birch mustard (M)
Coastline - pastel soft peach (M)
Bahamas - bright bold candy hot pink (M)
Monte Carlo - cool mid-tone pink (M)
Cannes - bright violet purple (M)
Palm - dark chocolate brown (M)

The following shades are Pressed Pigments and are not intended for use around the immediate eye area; Bahamas, Cannes and Palm. Pressed pigments can cause temporary staining to the area of skin they are applied to.

You also get a dual ended eyeshadow brush; A12 Small Contour Brush and A3 Firm Shader Brush.

There are not really any claims for this palette, but I am expecting the shades to be vibrant and extremely pigmented. I am also expecting them to blend easily. There should be some kick back in the eyeshadow pans, but I am not expecting lots of fallout on my face. The palette is cruelty-free, but not vegan (contains Carmine).
I do like the packaging design; it is very French beachy looking. The colour story is bright, but beautiful. The dual-ended brush works ok, but the A12 Small Contour side is a little scratchy on the eye. I always recommend eye primer and glitter glue. Metallic/shimmer shades should be worn wet, applied with your finger or a stiff flat synthetic brush. The eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and they do blend like a dream. You of course get a little kick-back in the pans, but you may get fall out with the metallic shades if your primer/glue/base isn’t tacky enough. I really love the metallic shades in this palette. The formula is very buttery and almost cream like. I’m not overly interested in the matte shades as they are a little random colour wise (for me anyway). The metallic shades are just so saturated with colour and shine. They almost look molten on your eyes. I find they are better applied with your finger and over glitter glue. I don’t feel the need to wet them as the texture is already almost wet/creamy feeling. I’m glad I got this palette, but I only really see myself using the metallic shades. I just feel I am not creative enough to make use of the limited matte shades. I do recommend this palette though, especially if you are into bright metallic shades.

| I purchased this palette for £41.00 from FeelUnique.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi