Skip to main content

SIGMA Cor-De-Rosa Palette

I first saw this palette in one of Porcelain’s (Bridgette) YouTube videos and I instantly fell in love with it! I tried to find it online to buy it, but it wasn’t actually available yet. So I had to wait a bit, but I finally got my hands on this beauty. I believe Cor-de-Rosa means Pink in Portuguese.
The packaging is long and rectangular in shape. It is made out of peachy pink cardboard and it has a rose gold rose design all over the front with the brand and palette names printed in white font. It has a magnetic opening/closing, which you lift up to reveal the square eyeshadow pans arranged on a warm beige base. The eyeshadow shade names are printed under each pan in a metallic copper font. There is also a small long rectangular mirror. You can purchase it for £39.00 ($49.00) from SigmaBeauty.com, FeelUnique.com, BeautyBay.com and LookFantastic.com.
You get fourteen 1.16g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Shimmer (S) and Metallic (ME) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 14 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk

Belle Of The Ball - elegant beige (S)
Veranda - malted milk (M)
Sunsprite - bright marigold (S)
Damask - soft pomegranate (M)
Shakespeare - dramatic maroon (M)
Apricot - muted honey (M)
High Society - vibrant marmalade (ME)
Bare Foot - dark umber (M)
Hybrid - pinky orange (M)
Medallion - russet brown (M)
Campfire - warm sandstone (ME)
Dark Night - wild maroon (ME)
Summer Song - burnt orange (M)
Cor-De-Rosa - earthy rose (M)
 
You also get a dual ended eyeshadow brush; E38 Diffused Crease Brush and E54 Medium Sweeper Brush, which is under a two year warranty.
 
The eyeshadows should be buildable, blendable and highly pigmented. The palette is cruelty-free, but not vegan (contains Carmine).
 
I love the packaging, overall design and colour story. The pigmentation is great; I do still recommend using eye primer/glitter glue. The matte shades are buildable and blend quite nicely. Two of the metallic shades were a little hard to use (High Society & Dark Night). They are really dry in texture and it was very hard to apply. I tried using my finger and a brush and it didn’t make much difference. I dampened my brush a little and then they worked slightly better. The metallic shade Campfire is a different texture to the other metallic shades and this shade is stunning and worked like I would expect a metallic to. There was only slight kick-back from the matte shades in the pans; this isn’t an issue for me. You only get a little fallout from the metallic shades that contain glitter. My favourite shades are; Belle of the Ball, Sunsprite and Hybrid. The brush works great too. They have synthetic bristles, which are my favourite kind of bristles for make-up brushes. It’s a great addition to the palette. Overall, I like the palette but I feel let down by the metallic shades a little. The two metallic eyeshadows that are near enough too dry to use are pretty important shades to the palette to be able to create diverse looks, not really being able to use them/getting them to work is a pain. I wouldn’t really recommend the palette based on the metallic shades.
 
| I purchased this palette for £39.00 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥