Skip to main content

Maybelline LASH Sensational Mascara

I have tried a lot of the Maybelline Volum’ Express mascaras over the years and I thought I would give their newest addition a go. I love the colour of the packaging, it almost looks rose gold. It also has my favourite type of brush, rubber bristles!

The packaging is a sort of rocket tube shape, just like the other Maybelline volum’ express mascaras. The tube is made of plastic and is a metallic blush pink colour. The writing and band between the top and bottom of the tube is black. The brush has a curved shape and is a rubber bristle brush. The formula is creamy but not too wet. You get 9.5ml of product in the tube and the shade I have is Black. You can purchase it for £8.99 ($9.99) from Boots, Superdrug and Ulta.
This mascara claims to give you a layered and multiplied look, whilst lengthening and volumising your lashes. It has a new liquid formula with a low wax count which should create very dark and defined black lashes. The brush is Maybelline’s first layer-reveal brush and it should capture even the tiniest of lashes. It is cruelty-free, but not vegan (may contain Carmine).

I am slightly underwhelmed by this mascara; I really thought it was going to be amazing! It does make your lashes look more defined, separated and it also lifts them. It does have a deep black colour, but I have used darker and more pigmented mascaras previously. It is extremely easy to apply with the brush. I wouldn’t say it gives you a multiplying or layered look. It does contain any fibres in it, so I don’t know how your lashes could look multiplied. I needed to layer it quite a bit to get my desired volume, even on my lower lashes. I didn’t notice any flaking or smudging and the effects do last for more than eight hours. It is an ok mascara, but I prefer a lot more volume and I expected more considering it is from the volum’ express line. It definitely doesn’t do it for me unfortunately. I recommend it if you are not into too much volume, but if you want a dramatic look, I wouldn’t bother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥