Skip to main content

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighter in Ray Rider

I heard about the brand Kaleidos through watching Porcelain/Bridgette on YouTube. I really love the look of their products and they are an Indie brand based in China, which means they are not readily accessible to the UK. You can purchase products directly from the Kaleidos website, but you would have to weigh up shipping and custom costs. I don’t want to risk that at the moment, plus there are eight highlighters in the Space Age line and I want them all! They do offer a bundle price for all eight ($94.00) and I was so tempted, but luckily it is out of stock! I was browsing through the Depop website and I came across a seller who was selling one of the highlighters brand new and unused, so I immediately snapped it up!
This highlighter is supposed to be extremely vibrant, highly reflective, lightweight and buildable. It should flatter all skin tones and it is vegan and cruelty-free. You can purchase it for $14.00 (£10.78) from KaleidosMakeup.com.

Ray Rider - champagne sheen with a peach hint
“Cruise through gilded galaxies and carve through solar flares on this lustrous golden ray”

The other highlighters in the Space Age line that I couldn’t get my hands on are:

Comet Catcher - fluorescent fuchsia with a peach hint
Diamond Dasher - cobalt, gold and fuchsia shimmers with a diamond hint
Mars Melter - peachy caramel with a magenta red glow
Moon Cruiser - rich neon lilac with cobalt shift
Sky Walker - aqua blue with ultraviolet undertones
Solar Sailor - satin gold
Star Surfer - rosy champagne with silver undertones

My First Impressions
I did have conflictions over whether I thought the packaging was tacky or brilliant. I have now decided that I love the packaging! It is a little large compared to the pan size, but it is unique to the brand and the Space Age line. The highlighter is easy to apply and it is quite pigmented. When you look face on, you do not get a colour cast from the highlighter, you get the shiny metallic goodness when you turn to the side and the light hits it on your cheekbones and looks stunning! It definitely reads more champagne on my skin tone, but I can detect the subtle peach hint when I move and the light reflects off it. I am blown away by the quality of this highlighter and it is tempting me even more to want to buy the bundle. I would really love to try the other shades! I can’t wait to continue playing with this highlighter some more and I wish Kaleidos was more accessible so that everyone could experience this space melting goodness!

| I purchased this highlighter for £25.00 from Depop.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Perfume Power! - Britney Spears 'Maui Fantasy'

Today’s perfume power is quite a short one. I purchased this perfume not so long ago because it is a Britney scent and I just had to test it. The bottle is made of light azure blue frosted glass and has a spherical shape with a pink and white hibiscus flower pattern on the front. The textured band around the neck of the bottle is white and the cap is rounded and made of translucent red plastic. Lastly, it has the regular perfume spritzer to dispense the liquid. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Strelitzia, Passionfruit & Pink Grapefruit Middle Notes: Hibiscus, Cyclamen, Tiare Flower & Orange Blossom Base Notes: Coconut, Vanilla, Musk, White Amber & White Wood The bottle is beautiful and the scent is quite light and delicate and actually quite nice considering I don’t like coconut. I can mostly smell the coconut, grapefruit and vanilla notes. It does last a while on the skin. Although it is pleasant, it is definitely not my typical scent and I proba...