Skip to main content

FeelUnique PICK & MIX #1

I am going to talk about some more perfume samples today, but this time they are from a sort of sample subscription service that FeelUnique.com offers. I chose all five of my samples and there were many options to choose from, not just perfumes. I did choose all perfumes for my samples as that is what I was most interested in trying at the time of my purchase.
The way it works is that you have to be logged into your FeelUnique account and then you can make your order. You can select up to five different samples from categories, such as; Body, Hair, Fragrance, Make-Up, Skincare and Sun & Tan. You will only get charged a shipping/handling fee of £3.95. Once your order has been despatched you will receive a Gift Voucher worth £3.95, which you can use against future orders (some exclusions apply). Only one of these subscriptions can be purchased per household within one calendar month. This is because you are technically being paid £3.95 to order up to five free samples!


Here are the five perfume samples I chose:
MUGLER Aura Mugler
I received a 1.2ml spritzer sample of the eau de toilette. You can purchase it in 30ml (£42), 50ml (£60) and 90ml (£75).

“Aura Mugler Eau de Toilette blends colourful freshness and feline sensuality. Aura Mugler, listen to your instinct.”

It contains a mixture of notes such as; Pear, Hibiscus Seed, Bergamot, Lemon, Green Notes, Jasmine, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Orris, Tahitian Vanilla, Ambrette and Musk.

This smells fruity and woody. It is quite a strong scent, but it isn’t too overpowering. I quite like it, but I am not overly keen on the green notes. You can really smell the green notes, hibiscus seed, bergamot, jasmine, Tahitian vanilla and musk.
YVES SAINT LAURENT Black Opium
I received a 1.2ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum intense. You can purchase it in 30ml (£56), 50ml (£78) and 90ml (£99).

“The sensuality of coffee is surrounded by the aura of the magnetizing note of blue absinthe. The thrill of a mysterious and daring addiction electrifies the new Black Opium Eau de Parfum Intense”

It contains a mixture of notes such as; Absinthe, Boysenberry, Jasmine Sambac, Orange Blossom, Coffee, Sandalwood, Licorice and Vanilla.

I was expecting to like this perfume as I have heard good things about it. I don’t really like it and I am a little disappointed! It kind of smells powdery and sort of plasticky. I can mostly smell the coffee and vanilla notes, which is probably why I don’t really like it. I don’t like coffee or licorice. The original Black Opium eau de parfum (I had a sample of this too from somewhere else) smells slightly less concentrated, but the coffee note does still dominate, so I don’t like either of them but if I had to pick one, I would pick the original over this eau de parfum intense version.
COACH Floral
I received a 2ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum. You can purchase it in 30ml (£34), 50ml (£48) and 90ml (£68).

“Coach Floral Eau de Parfum is inspired by Coach’s signature leather Tea Roses. Combining fruity and floral notes with crystal musks, the unique scent perfectly embodies Coach's feminine, free spirit.”

It contains a mixture of notes such as; Pineapple, Pink Pepper, Bergamot, Lemon, Orange, Tea Rose, Jasmine Sambac, Gardenia, Hedione, Patchouli, Woody Notes, Musk, Sandalwood and Vanilla.

This smells very light, soft, fresh and floral. You can really smell the jasmine, patchouli and musk notes. I do quite like it, but it isn’t my usual scent as it is floral.
MAISON MARGIELA Mutiny
I received a 1.2ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum. You can purchase it in 50ml (£84) and 90ml (£119).

“The fragrance of women who shape their own femininity. The narcotic and carnal authentic nature of tuberose reveals itself in a modern, provocative and brilliant elegance.”

It contains a mixture of notes such as; Orange, Mandarin Orange, Apple, Orange Blossom, Peach, Pear, Tuberose, Saffron, Pink Pepper, Agarwood (Oud), Leather, Vanilla and Patchouli.

This is a strong, mature and floral scent. You can really smell the tuberose, pink pepper, vanilla and patchouli. It is a nice scent, but it isn’t a scent I would normally gravitate towards.
RALPH LAUREN Woman
I received a 1.2ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum. You can purchase it in 30ml (£51), 50ml (£72) and 100ml (£92).

“The magnetic contrast between bold tuberose and vibrant woods”

It contains a mixture of notes such as; Pear, Rhubarb, Black Currant, Tuberose, Orange Blossom, Turkish Rose, Sandalwood, Hazelnut and Woody Notes.

This is a kind of strong scent. It is definitely a floral scent and it also smells a little peppery. You can really smell the tuberose, Turkish rose and hazelnut. It is an ok scent, but it definitely isn’t really for me. It is a very mature floral scent. It smells nearly identical to the Maison Margiela Mutiny sample.

My favourite of the five samples I tried is Coach Floral EDP and my least favourite is Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium EDPI. Overall I think it is a great service to offer. You get to try samples of products before buying them in their full size, which can sometimes be expensive. It is mostly beneficial for the skincare, hair, body and sun & tan products, because you can test perfumes in some stores anyway and apply for free samples online, but the other categories of samples are not usually available to test for free in store. You also get an added bonus of the £3.95 you paid, being returned to you as a gift voucher. FeelUnique also offer a ‘TRY-ME’ service, where you can purchase a full size product (only selected items, they will have the ‘TRY-ME’ label) and they will also send you a free sample of that product for you to try before you open the full size one you purchased (un-used and un-sealed). If you do not like the sample, they will let you return the full size product (postage charges may apply) and you will receive a full refund on that product!

| I purchased this sample box for £3.95 from FeelUnique.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters

These were first launched in the USA and I remember waiting for a while for them to arrive in the UK. When they finally arrived I knew I had to try them out. I waited until they were on offer at £5.99 and I wanted to pick shades I knew I would wear and because they are not lipsticks I thought I would be safe to pick up a brighter colour I wouldn’t usually choose. The packaging is made of plastic and has a sort of quilted design on two sides of four and the colour of the packaging corresponds to the shade it is housing. The base is black plastic, which has the shade sticker. The cylindrical tube the product is dispensed from is made of reflective silver plastic. To dispense the product, you pull the packaging off and twist the base. The butter is slanted in shape and has a flat base. It is a gel formula with mango, shea and cocoa butter. You get 2.5g of product in each tube. There are many shades ranging from light to dark, but I currently only have two. The two shades I have