Skip to main content

HUDA BEAUTY Naughty Nude Palette

I first saw a teaser of this palette on Trendmood’s Instagram page towards the end of October, I wanted it instantly! It kind of reminds me of a bigger version of the HUDA BEAUTY Nude Obsessions Rich Palette, which I am now glad I didn’t purchase as I have this one.
THE PACKAGING
This is the second bigger palette from HUDA BEAUTY that is in the new plastic case packaging. It is made out of deep berry coloured plastic and has a rectangular shape. There is a printed rose gold raised font design with the palette name across the front. It has a clip closing, which you press and lift up to reveal the inside of the palette. There is a mirror on the underside of the lid and the small square eyeshadow pans are arranged on a translucent mauve plastic base. The shade names are printed in silver font under each shade.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get eighteen 0.93g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Metallic (ME), Marble Cream (MC) and Gloss (G) finishes.
  • Ultra-Wearable Textures
  • Cruelty-Free
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Filthy -
cool toned soft baby pink (M)
Passion - iris and pink shimmer (MC)
Shameless - fuchsia (ME)
Please Me - antique gold with pink reflects (ME)
Hypnotic - cool toned sand (M)
Hard - warm toned dark brown (MC)
Untamed - deep berry (M)
Irresistible - cool toned pink bronze (ME)
Flower Power - camel and gold shimmer (MC)
Rough - warm toned light brown (M)
Spicy - mulberry (M)
Arouse - rusty brown (M)
Slippery - encapsulated bronze & berry pearls (G)
Tantric - yellow gold (ME)
Naughty - mahogany (M)
Provocative - warm dark pink with sparkle (MC)
Desire - fiery red (ME)
Juicy - soft peachy tan (M)
 
MY THOUGHTS
  • Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always lay one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
  • Pigmentation - The pigmentation is gorgeous. The only disappointing shade is Slippery as there isn’t really any pigmentation.
  • Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
  • Blending - The eyeshadows blended beautifully. All of the shades really complement each other.
  • Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
  • Fallout - I only noticed fallout from the metallic and glittery shades. Using a good tacky glitter glue will minimize it.
 
I posted about the HUDA BEAUTY New Nude Palette not long ago and I was left disappointed by it. This palette is a massive improvement and it is more my vibe with the warm shades. The shade selection is stunning and they do blend like a dream. The shades Passion, Hard, Flower Power and Provocative all look kind of marbled in the pans, but their finishes are different. Passion, Flower Power and Provocative have a glossy and glitter finish, where as Hard is a glossy sort of matte. The only disappointing shades for me are Filthy, Flower Power and Slippery. Filthy is too soft/light for my skin tone, but I did blend it with some of the brown matte shades and you see the pink hue. Flower Power barely has any base pigment and it is just too subtle on my skin tone. I thought it would make a good inner corner highlighter shade, but I could barely see it. Slippery is just strange. It has the consistency of Vaseline and there is no base pigment. It is supposed to look like a glossy berry shade, but mine just looks like a dirty pink tinted Vaseline. It may be because mine doesn’t have enough bronze and berry pearls encapsulated in it! It also kind of removes your powder eyeshadow if you try to apply it over the top of one. My favourite shades are Passion, Shameless and Desire. Overall, I do recommend this palette. It is not the best warm neutral palette I have tried. I am still in love with the Natasha Denona Bronze Palette, so it is hard for any other warm neutral palette to beat it for me! I can’t wait to continue using this palette, but I really do not get where they were going with the Slippery shade. I felt the same about the cream shade Concealer in the New Nude Palette.
 
You can purchase the HUDA BEAUTY Naughty Nude Palette for £58.00 ($67.00) from HudaBeauty.com.
 
| I purchased this palette for £47.20 from FeelUnique.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 18 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Perfume Power! - Britney Spears 'Maui Fantasy'

Today’s perfume power is quite a short one. I purchased this perfume not so long ago because it is a Britney scent and I just had to test it. The bottle is made of light azure blue frosted glass and has a spherical shape with a pink and white hibiscus flower pattern on the front. The textured band around the neck of the bottle is white and the cap is rounded and made of translucent red plastic. Lastly, it has the regular perfume spritzer to dispense the liquid. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Strelitzia, Passionfruit & Pink Grapefruit Middle Notes: Hibiscus, Cyclamen, Tiare Flower & Orange Blossom Base Notes: Coconut, Vanilla, Musk, White Amber & White Wood The bottle is beautiful and the scent is quite light and delicate and actually quite nice considering I don’t like coconut. I can mostly smell the coconut, grapefruit and vanilla notes. It does last a while on the skin. Although it is pleasant, it is definitely not my typical scent and I proba...