Skip to main content

Oden's Eye Solmåne Eyeshadow Palette

I first heard of this indie brand through watching Angelika Oles’ beauty channel on YouTube. Oden’s Eye is a Swedish indie brand and they make Norse mythology themed products. This is one of two eyeshadow palettes I decided to purchase; I also picked up the two matching highlighter palettes.
 
THE PACKAGING
The packaging is small and rectangular in shape. It is made out of cardboard and it has a sort of textured covering (like on pogs). The design and imagery is so unique to the brand. Solmåne means the sun and moon in Swedish. Sol represents the Sun Goddess and Måne represents the Moon God. Both Gods are represented on the packaging. There is a colour split of warm and cool toned shades (lavender, pink, orange & yellow) along with moon, star and Norse symbols. The wheel around the Gods is metallic gold, so it really reflects the light when you move the palette around. The eyeshadow shade names are printed on the back of the palette. The palette has a magnetic closing/opening, which you lift up to reveal the small round mirror and large circular pans on an ethereal pastel blend base.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get twelve 2.16g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Shimmer (S) and Glitter (G) finishes.
 
·         Blends Perfectly
·         Vegan
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Dimma -
cream beige (M)
Månsken - white champagne (G)
Värme - warm orange sand (M)
Galaxy - gold (S)
Sol - cantaloupe orange (M)
Ljus - copper (S)
Aura - lavender (M)
Jupiter - dark brown with golden sheen (S)
Skugga - dusty rose mauve (M)
Venus - light gold with green duo-chrome (G)
Solnedgång - warm chocolate brown (M)
Stjärnorna - deep plum purple with blue glitter (G)
 
MY THOUGHTS
·         Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always lay one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·         Pigmentation - The pigmentation is great. I love the glitter shades. I only had pigmentation issues with one shade (Stjärnorna).
·         Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·         Blending - These eyeshadows blend like an absolute dream!
·         Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·         Fallout - I didn’t really notice any fallout, but it is possible with the glitter shades.
 
I really like this palette. The packaging design is very unique to the brand and it is very cute. The colour story is very dreamy and wearable. My favourite shade is of course Venus. My swatch really does not do this shade justice; it is literally the embodiment of the sun, just bright and stunning! The shade Aura does need to be built up to really get the full colour pay-off. I only really had trouble with one shade; the shade Stjärnorna is just strange! It looks very interesting in the pan with the blue glitter, but it doesn’t transfer to your eyes. It has a very dry texture and barely shows up on your skin, even with a slightly damp brush. It kind of looks like the colour of a bruise. If you layer and layer it, you eventually get something and it does look pretty, but I don’t think it is really worth the effort. The palette as a whole does have a strange scent; I think it is the cardboard packaging that smells. It kind of smells like wood chippings or crayons. I also do wish the shade names were printed underneath each eyeshadow though! Overall, I do highly recommend this palette and I also love the matching highlighter palette. I am really excited to try out the Alva Palette now as the colour story is even dreamier.
 
You can purchase the Oden’s Eye Solmåne Eyeshadow Palette for £24.00 ($31.00) exclusively from OdensEye.se.
 
| I purchased this palette for €26.03 from OdensEye.se |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes 12 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...