Skip to main content

Empties #16 - April & May 2014

I have used up quite a few different products for this post, but still no make-up items disappointingly!

This was my second can because I couldn’t get hold of the Cien deodorant for a few weeks. It works and it got me through the waiting period.
150ml | £2.50

This was my first tube of this product and it was ok. It did moisturise, but I didn’t notice much more than that. The consistency is very thin and if you apply too much, it turns your face white and takes forever to soak in. I will not be re-purchasing it.
75ml | £2.99

I just wanted to try a different scented hand gel and this one does smell great. However, if you apply too much, the scent can be overwhelming! I also did not like the fact that once it has dried and you pick up food, the scent transfers over to the food so you can taste it! Overall, I probably would re-purchase it, but in a different scent.
50ml | £1.45

I have had a smaller bottle of this before and it smells great! It is very floral and makes a brilliant linen/room spray too. It has taken me two years to use this bottle up, so I probably won’t hurry out to re-purchase it just yet. Click here to read my review of it.
250ml | £6.50

This was my second bottle of this perfume and it is a lovely scent. I probably will not re-purchase it again though because it is not my favourite kind of scent and I am bored of it now! Read my review of this perfume here.
100ml | £34

This was my first scent of this candle and it does smell really nice. I actually prefer it in the room spray form, which I also have. The pineapple is more prominent in the room spray version and it makes you appreciate the scent more. I probably will not re-purchase it in candle form.
120g | £5

I have used up another packet of these and I still have two and a half left!
64wipes | 87p

Impulse Body Spray in Be Surprised
This was my first can of this scent and it is currently the newest scent by Impulse. It is definitely in my top picks and it smells really woodsy and the violets and red fruits really complement each other. I would recommend it and re-purchase.
75ml | £1.99

I received a free 2ml sample size sachet of this and it felt/smelled nice, but I didn’t notice a change in my skin. I probably wouldn’t anyway because it was one sample, but the purpose is to make you buy the full size. I probably wouldn’t buy it in full size because it is quite expensive for a wash off cleanser. If you don’t mind spending the money, I recommend you try it out.
150ml | $70

This was my first bottle of this scent and it smells heavenly! It lasts quite a long time and you can also use it to shave with. I already have another bottle in my drawer, waiting to be used.
500ml | £6.50

This was my first bottle of this product and I found it ok. I used it to cleanse my face in the morning and it did a good job of getting the left over dirt off my face from when I washed it the night before. It did work really well for me, but I think it is a bit overpriced for what I want/need from it! If you actually use it to remove make-up, you might see better results. I am now currently using the less expensive Garnier alternative.
200ml | £4.99

Cien BodyCare Classic Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
This is still my favourite deodorant!
200ml | 75p

This was my first one of these candles and it was really nice. The class jar is lovely and the different colours were very pretty, especially in the dark! The price is a bit steep, but it lasts quite a long time and you can smell it whilst it is burning. I probably would re-purchase, but I wish there were more scents.
155g | £7

I have used this shampoo for a while now and it is ok, but I think it is time to try something new.
450ml | £4.99

This smells amazing! It is a great scrub and it is soft at the same time. It is pink in colour and the grains are very small. I actually prefer The Breakfast Scrub because it is more abrasive, but this product smells better and works just as well.
300ml | £8

This was my first bottle of this ‘flavour’ and it worked ok. Ironically it tasted quite sweet to me. It is possible for me to re-purchase, but I prefer the stronger tasting Listerine mouthwashes because it feels like they are doing something.
500ml | £5.60

Colgate Max White One Active Toothpaste in Power Mint
This was my first tube of this kind and it was fine to use, but my teeth don’t look whiter at all! It promises to make your teeth one shade lighter in one week and this did not happen for me. I will not be re-purchasing it, as it is expensive for disappointing results. I have re-purchased a different Colgate whitening toothpaste to see if it works for me any better.
75ml | £3.99

Glade Room Spray in Tropical Twist (LE)
This was my first can of this scent and I had the matching candle too. It smells very nice and the note that stands out the most is the pineapple. I might re-purchase it if I come across it in the stores again.
275ml | £3

This is my second tube of this mascara and it is my current favourite from Maybelline. It makes your lashes, bold, defined and voluminous. The brush is flexible, but easy to use and the formula is clump free. I love this mascara!
9.6ml | £7.99

Avon Femme Body Spray
I got this with the matching perfume and it is a really lovely scent. It has strong floral notes, but it still smells fresh and very feminine. Click here to read my review of the perfume.
75ml | £?

From now on, I think I am only going to do these posts when I have plenty of products and new products to share with you. So I may post these every few months or when I want rid of the rubbish (I recycle the majority of it)!

What have you used up this month?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...