Skip to main content

Review: Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil

This was the second eyebrow pencil I had ever tried because I wanted something that was inexpensive and maybe had an applicator with it.

The product just looks like an eyeliner pencil, but on the side of the cap there is a grooming brush. The cap colour reflects the actual product colour. To apply it, you take off the cap and put it on the end of the pencil. You then just fill in your eyebrows like you would normally, just add more pressure to the pencil if you want a darker look. You can then turn the pencil upside down and use the brush. The formula is really soft and you can tell it has some wax built in to it. You get 1.4g of product and the shade I have is 002 Hazel, which is a light honey brown shade.
This brow pencil is supposed to be brilliant for filling the gaps in your brows and great for lengthening your arc for a natural look. The colour should be long wearing and smudge-proof and the brush applicator should make it easy for you to groom and shape.

I am really impressed with this brow pencil! It fills in gaps very well and it still looks very natural. I find you get the best results when you have enough hairs for the product to stick too, so I would not recommend it for lengthening your arc because it looks odd when it is just over skin. I find the pencil to be very long wearing, eight hours plus and it doesn’t smudge or fade. It works best when the tip is sharp and it sharpens very well too. I have noticed that the colour seems to darken on standing, but it is not a problem. The brush is also brilliant for grooming and shaping your brows. Any brow gel/clear mascara also works great over this and you actually have the choice whether to use one or not.

Overall I really love this product and although I would still be open to trying a different brow pencil, I am happy with this one for now. As the saying goes, “If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!”.

Price - £2.99     Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Superdrug, Boots, Target

Have you tried this brow pencil?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...