Skip to main content

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait.
THE PACKAGING
The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.
 
·         Rich and Velvety Texture
·         Smooth as Silk Application
·         Ultra-Pigmented
·         Blends Effortlessly
·         Highly Adhesive (no creasing)
·         Minimum Fallout
·         Long Lasting
·         Vegan
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Promenade - clay brown (M)*
Penthouse - champagne gold with golden green shift (DC)
Gourmet - light peach caramel (M)*
Pink Ginger - pink with sunset orange and gold shift (MC)
Salmon Skyline - salmon (M)*
Soy Sauce - chestnut brown (M)*
 
The shades marked with an asterisk (*) are Pressed Pigments. According to USA Law, Pressed Pigments are not intended for use around the immediate eye area as they can cause temporary staining to the area of skin they are applied to.
PHOTO - NO FLASH
MY THOUGHTS
·         Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always lay one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·         Pigmentation - The pigmentation is stunning. The mattes are so smooth and the glittery shades are impressive.
·         Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·         Blending - This was effortless, the shades blend together really well.
·         Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·         Fallout - You will only get slight fallout from the two glittery shades if you do not apply a tacky enough base.
 
I love this palette! The overall formula and packaging is great and the colour story is just me and it makes so much sense. The matte shades are all warm toned, which is great for me. Pink Ginger matches a warm toned look, but Penthouse can match a warm toned or cooler toned look.  My favourite shades are obviously Penthouse and Pink Ginger; they look incredible on the eyes, they don’t really have a base pigment, but they are very light reflecting. It looks like you have crushed diamonds on your eyes!. There are not any downsides of this palette, but I do wish that the shade Soy Sauce was slightly deeper and less warm toned, so you could really add depth to the outer corners of your eyes. I kind of wish that Kaleidos put the shades from this palette and the Futurism VI: Lunar Lavender Palette together and made a larger palette with more new shades. I just absolutely adore their shimmer/metallic formula and their mattes are fantastic too. I highly recommend their eyeshadow palettes, but this one in particular so far is my favourite.
 
You can purchase the KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette for $24.00 exclusively from KaleidosMakeUp.com.
 
| I purchased this palette for £32.00 from Depop.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...